Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing.

Last edited:
Hello.
I started yesterday the installation of Mojave on my NUC8i5BEK and i’m stil stucked after 2.2 (Apple logo with eternal loading). I used kexts and drivers64 from Cric, and the config.plist. comes from rehabman full .zip... In verbose, it seems that MausiEthernet.kext is the problem, I don’t know why...

Hello, if you are trying to install using Cric's guide please see post #430 on page 43 of this forum. Please read carefully and go from there.

Last edited:
Has anyone had a chance to try out the new firmware for the NUC8i7BEH (73). I am tempted since bios 71 has given me terrible fan noise compared to bios 56. Unfortunately even in recovery mode I could never get the firmware to downgrade back to 56 from 71. I am hoping 73 either fixes the fan noise or fixes the downgrade bug and I can get back to a quiet bios 56.

I built my NUC8 a while back, BIOS 56 and Mojave 10.14.3. Is it possible to upgrade to 10.14.5 while staying on BIOS 56?

Success on NUC8i5BEH Mojave 10.14.5 (Bios 71) !!!
thanks to @Cric for the guide
many thanks to @Leesureone for his lifesaving contribution!
and ofc @RehabMan

just followed post #430 page 43
note: created USB with Unibeast Legacy Mode
also tried different USB sticks when things were not moving along....

works like a charm

config:
NUC8I5BEH Kit
1TB Crucial P1 M2 NVME
2x16GB Kingston HyperX Impact 2400 HX424S14IB/16

wifi: D-Link DWA AC600 (driver from D-Link works on Mojave)

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new firmware for the NUC8i7BEH (73). I am tempted since bios 71 has given me terrible fan noise compared to bios 56. Unfortunately even in recovery mode I could never get the firmware to downgrade back to 56 from 71. I am hoping 73 either fixes the fan noise or fixes the downgrade bug and I can get back to a quiet bios 56.
I can't answer your question about the bios versions being I am still on 71 but fan behavior can be changed in the bios. Please see my post in the link below.

I built my NUC8 a while back, BIOS 56 and Mojave 10.14.3. Is it possible to upgrade to 10.14.5 while staying on BIOS 56?

It shouldn’t be an issue, you should be good.

Hi there,

I have NUC8i5BEH1 Mojave 10.14.5 with bios 71, I followed the direction on post 430 and was able to install it(I tried the other steps and it would keep getting stuck before I can even get it to the installation page). Even audio seems to work fine. One question, the Nuc has 1 hdmi and 1 usb-c port, I can't seem to get the hdmi port working at all. As of right now, I'm using a usb-c to dvi converter and that works. Is there a way for me to get the hdmi port to work? If so, what steps can I take?

Thank you for sharing this awesome info to get it installed!!

Another thing I wanted to mention, when I'm watching a video on youtube using safari, about after 3 to 4 mins, the screen goes black(watching in full screen mode) the video comes back when I move the mouse or exit out of full screen mode. This problem I can work around by using another browser.

Hi there,

I have NUC8i5BEH1 Mojave 10.14.5 with bios 71, I followed the direction on post 430 and was able to install it(I tried the other steps and it would keep getting stuck before I can even get it to the installation page). Even audio seems to work fine. One question, the Nuc has 1 hdmi and 1 usb-c port, I can't seem to get the hdmi port working at all. As of right now, I'm using a usb-c to dvi converter and that works. Is there a way for me to get the hdmi port to work? If so, what steps can I take?

Thank you for sharing this awesome info to get it installed!!
Not sure why HDMI isn’t working for you. It does on both my NUCs, do you have another display you can test it with like a TV? FYI, display port is what is usually recommended as the default display for various (compatibility) reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back