Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Thought UniBeast was used to create the boot media and Multibeast was used to configure after the boot. When I run Multibeast on my current Mac it goes into configuration mode. When I run UniBeast it asks to create boot media. ?????
Sorry, long day and you are posting in two different threads and making the same mistakes in both. You are right. Use Unibeast. If you would take your time and carefully read post 903 in the other thread you would be done. The EFI folder is posted at the end of it.

Ok, Thank You (Tremendously) for the help, I am much further along now, I have installed Mojave and can boot off (clover from USB) and select to boot from the hard drive and everything works fine. I want to be able to boot off the hard drive W/O the USB. I did download multibeast and selected bootloader and UEFI and said build, but when I reboot and take the USB out, and choose the hard drive to boot from I can tell its not going to work because it does not go as fast and nope it does not boot it goes to the apple logo and the end of the status bar and hangs. Thoughts?? Help ??
So everything works if I boot off the USB (into clover) and select to boot off the hard drive.

Team a Great Shout Out to Leesureone, I figured it out, I mounted the partitions via clover and copied the EFI partition off the USB to the hidden partition on the Hard Drive and now I can boot off the hard drive. This is all coming together. THANK YOU.

Hi,
I wrote few days ago, about my NUC8i5BEK2, on bios v71 (which I can't downgrade, because "Incompatible BIOS Version, Update aborted " )
I have problem: My Mojave 10.14.4 is always crashing (completely unattended hard reset). I don't know what to do.
Sometimes it is run OK for some couple of minutes, maybe hour, but I found case when it crashing always. When I run Xcode Iphone simulator and swipe screen in it, or I open Xcode settings...
I've tried:
-Swapping RAM for another (from 8G to 16GB)
-Swapping SSD from internal sata to USB3 adapter
-Turning off PCIe Wifi card.
-Remove patched SSDT
-Turning off/on some bios settings.

Only one setting in bios had effect: Set aperture size in Video to 128MB, but after that, macOS show me only 14MB of video memory and no GPU acceleration... and without it, it is useless.

Someone can help? Any ideas?
Thanks for any advice.

Hi,
I wrote few days ago, about my NUC8i5BEK2, on bios v71 (which I can't downgrade, because "Incompatible BIOS Version, Update aborted " )
I have problem: My Mojave 10.14.4 is always crashing (completely unattended hard reset). I don't know what to do.
Sometimes it is run OK for some couple of minutes, maybe hour, but I found case when it crashing always. When I run Xcode Iphone simulator and swipe screen in it, or I open Xcode settings...
I've tried:
-Swapping RAM for another (from 8G to 16GB)
-Swapping SSD from internal sata to USB3 adapter
-Turning off PCIe Wifi card.
-Remove patched SSDT
-Turning off/on some bios settings.

Only one setting in bios had effect: Set aperture size in Video to 128MB, but after that, macOS show me only 14MB of video memory and no GPU acceleration... and without it, it is useless.

Someone can help? Any ideas?
Thanks for any advice.
Can you verify your bios settings are set as below now?

« Inter VT for directed I/VO (VT-d) » should be disabled
- « Secure Boot » should be disabled
- « Legacy Boot » should be enabled
- « Fast Boot » should be disabled
- Boot->Boot Devices-> « USB » should be enabled
- SATA mode should be AHCI

Can you verify your bios settings are set as below now?

« Inter VT for directed I/VO (VT-d) » should be disabled
- « Secure Boot » should be disabled
- « Legacy Boot » should be enabled
- « Fast Boot » should be disabled
- Boot->Boot Devices-> « USB » should be enabled
- SATA mode should be AHCI

Yes, it is set as you described.
I've already tried installing Mojave on other disk (HDD) and I found something. When I boot up via usb clover, macOS run OK, no restart when I scroll simulator. So for now, I comparing differences and switching back-forth some settings.

Last edited:
Nop. Doesn't work. Shows up on my desktop aswell, but no go on Mojave for SD card reader.

There's one thing I don't need to work on then.:)

I have tried 1,3,11 but got no effect
should I try 1-20 ?
Some one said 11 is ok before.
If you have issues with crackling sound from the headphone jack several users have reported success installing all kexts, with the exception of FakeSMC.kext, to the Library/Extensions folder. Audio over HDMI and the headphone jack both should work. (You can probably install all of kexts there, including FakeSMC.kext, if you prefer) 28 is also reported as being a valid ID.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back