Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to try making it full screen and play a few different videos that are longer than 3 mins long. I tested it with music videos.
I did, works fine for me.

Hi,

I've been away from this forum for a few months and Wow! It's been really busy !

I changed my monitor today and it happens not to have an audio out. In post #35, chuckw managed to make internal headphone jack to work perfectly installing VooDooHDA Kext.
I don't manage to mount the EFI partition to access EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory.

Thanks I advance for your help.

Hi,

I've been away from this forum for a few months and Wow! It's been really busy !

I changed my monitor today and it happens not to have an audio out. In post #35, chuckw managed to make internal headphone jack to work perfectly installing VooDooHDA Kext.
I don't manage to mount the EFI partition to access EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory.

Thanks I advance for your help.

Lots of ways to mount the EFI partition including Clover Configurator or EFIMounter 3. There is a Terminal command too.

Thanks for you help, used a Terminal command, sound now works fine for me.

@Leesureone Hey, what happened with the EFI folder attached in post #430? It's vanished for me... I finally got Mojave to boot and install to my NUC8i3 but when I came to get the file it was gone, I have a back-up if anyone needs it.

Hello!
I started my Hackintosh at the beginning of this thread and it worked perfect. I have a NUC 8i5BEH, 16GB of RAM, Samsung 1TB 860 SSD, BIOS 71 and I use the files from posting #430.
But after the update to 10.14.6 my network is not working (no cable attached).
I searched in the system console for the boot log files but I did not find useful things.

I am thankful for every help.

And thank you for the great posts in this thread!

So I got my NUC8i5beh1 replaced with the same unit. The HDMI port does work on the new unit now. I ended up reinstalling mojave, following Polarion's post #533. Everything went smooth so far. I also changed the audio ID 11 to 28 in the config.plist. (Moving EFI/Clover/kexts to Library/Extensions doesn't seem to load the hardware. So, I have to add it in EFI/Clover/kexts).
I have a usb-c to dvi adapter and that works when I plug it in by itself before powering the unit, same as the hdmi by itself. When plug both are plugged in, the nuc will get to the apple logo, then the monitors goes black and I cannot see anything on the screen. One way I got both screen to work, was to leave hdmi cable plugged in(only), once I got into the os, plug dvi to the adapter (usb-c to dvi) that is already connected to the nuc, then the second monitor will start displaying. Is there a fix for dual monitor to start when it boots into mojave? or some guide on what I can change to maybe get it to work?

By the way, I'm on 10.14.5 with efi loader r5018. I did install r4988, but moved all of the drivers to the new location (EFI/clover/drivers/UEFI) after installing r4988 and removing "-64" from the efi files, then restarting after. It's working so far, I'm able to boot into the os

Last edited:
Hello!
I started my Hackintosh at the beginning of this thread and it worked perfect. I have a NUC 8i5BEH, 16GB of RAM, Samsung 1TB 860 SSD, BIOS 71 and I use the files from posting #430.
But after the update to 10.14.6 my network is not working (no cable attached).
I searched in the system console for the boot log files but I did not find useful things.

I am thankful for every help.

And thank you for the great posts in this thread!
I've been having the same issues, I wonder if 14.6 screwed something... My install goes well until I do the system upgrades (I'm using a 14.15 install). This evening I'm going to try to do an offline install and disable updates.

I've been having the same issues, I wonder if 14.6 screwed something... My install goes well until I do the system upgrades (I'm using a 14.15 install). This evening I'm going to try to do an offline install and disable updates.
I think you might have "intelmausiethernet.kext" in the wrong location. I had the same issue too, but I moved it to EFI/Clover/kexts from Library/Extensions and after a reboot, I'm able to use the ethernet again. I updated efi bootloader to r5018 before installing 10.14.6. So far things are working fine. I haven't tried launching other programs yet, as I'm trying to get dual screens to boot up without going to black screen.

Last edited:
I think you might have "intelmausiethernet.kext" in the wrong location. I had the same issue too, but I moved it to EFI/Clover/kexts from Library/Extensions and after a reboot, I'm able to use the ethernet again. I updated efi bootloader to r5018 before installing 10.14.6. So far things are working fine. I haven't tried launching other programs yet, as I'm trying to get dual screens to boot up without going to black screen.
Thank you for your reply, but it does not work. The intelmausiethernet.kext was allready in EFI/clover/kexts/other.
In my understanding kexts are compareable to modules in linux. Is there a command like lsmode to check the loaded kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back