Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried using the card reader, its not listed in Rehabmans recap of what works and what doesn't. I have an icon for the card reader showing in the top right corner of the desktop but I don't have a card that size formatted for OSX (although if it was FAT32 or NTFS it would probably show up)
View attachment 412772

Nop. Doesn't work. Shows up on my desktop aswell, but no go on Mojave for SD card reader.

Nop. Doesn't work. Shows up on my desktop aswell, but no go on Mojave for SD card reader.
Had a feeling, maybe someone else has some insight.

When I use the config.plist that you provided I don't get the option to boot to Mojave. I have a NUC8i3BEH, with a single 16GB stick of ram and a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB drive, I have followed the instruction explicitly and when I get to the boot off the USB part it does not have the option to boot Mojave, if I use the config_install_nuc7.plist I at least get the option to boot to Mojave, but It hangs after the apple logo and the progress line gets to the end.

It's hard to help if you don't identify you have addressed issues we have already identified. So you undated the firmware then? Also you apparently didn't read post 903, all the help you need is there. This guide is outdated and no longer being maintained. It uses and outdated version of clover so the config.plist I supplied by itself won't work.

I have a NUC8i3BEH, I cannot use the plist "Download config_install_nuc8_bc.plist from this repository:" When I download this file the install from Mojave does not appear as an option, When I use the a plist that I got from UniBeast its 24K vs around 5-6K for the install the Mojave option does show up but it only installs up to the apple logo and progress line below goes to end then stops.

It's hard to help if you don't identify you have addressed issues we have already identified. So you undated the firmware then? Also you apparently didn't read post 903, all the help you need is there. This guide is outdated and no longer being maintained. It uses and outdated version of clover so the config.plist I supplied by itself won't work.
I read post 903 that is the post that I used to start from, So If I get a new version of CLOVER it will generate a current config.plist?

I read post 903 that is the post that I used to start from, I started with a Fresh CLOVER installation, it just will not present the Mojave install as an option.
Yes the firmware is updated.

I read post 903 that is the post that I used to start from, So If I get a new version of CLOVER it will generate a current config.plist?
No. Use Unibeast and create the bootable media for UEFI booting. Once it's complete and while the EFI partition is still showing in Finder replace the EFI folder with the version I posted. If the EFI partition isn't showing you will need to mount it. Clover Configurator can do that for you.
Then boot off the USB drive.

Last edited:
Really don't want to ask this but could you refresh where you posted the EFI Folder, I am searching the forum and it seems a bit confusing.

I Thought UniBeast was used to create the boot media and Multibeast was used to configure after the boot. When I run Multibeast on my current Mac it goes into configuration mode. When I run UniBeast it asks to create boot media. ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back