Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide, followed a combination of post 1 and post 2 and managed to get Catalina installed on my NUC which bought especially a 2014 Mac Mini that have been using as a server.

Once question though, is how straight forward / safe is it to update Clover as Kext Updater as well as a few kexts which I updated warned that running Clover is 5100 and the latest version is 5104. From looking around a few people have said that updating it can clear all configuration kexts, and any patches that are in place.

Thanks for the guide, followed a combination of post 1 and post 2 and managed to get Catalina installed on my NUC which bought especially a 2014 Mac Mini that have been using as a server.

Once question though, is how straight forward / safe is it to update Clover as Kext Updater as well as a few kexts which I updated warned that running Clover is 5100 and the latest version is 5104. From looking around a few people have said that updating it can clear all configuration kexts, and any patches that are in place.
It's relatively straight forward but it is possible to change things that would keep you from booting. First rule is make sure your USB Boot drive is working and then back up your EFI folder from your hard drive to be doubly safe. That way you can always boot from your USB drive to rerun the Clover installer if needed.

I've attached a link to a well written guide here that covers updating from an older version of clover, that won't apply, but best practices and how to see which drivers are needed still do.

To update kexts I like using Hackintool which can also be found on this site. Download it, mount your EFI Folder on your hard drive, and then click "Installed" on the menu bar. It will show you which kexts should be updated and will download them for you if you choose the option on the bottom of the window, if I remember correctly its a little arrow pointing down. After that delete the older versions from Clover/Kexts/Other and copy and paste in the newer versions.
I would update Clover first, make sure you are good, then update kexts.

Meanwhile you are fine right where you are, updating either one will really not make a difference in how your machine runs at this point. In the future with updates it may become necessary but it won't really hurt anything either (unless you do it wrong, ha! :beachball: )

how-to-update-clover-v2-4k-r4xxx-to-v2-5k-r5xxx-v2-4k-r4972-to-v2-5-r5018-example.281428

release-hackintool-v3-x-x.254559

@Leesureone Hello mate, I finally got my intel NUC8. I check the BIOS and it is 0041. Should I update it to the 0077 newest version, or leave it like that and start the process.
I am targeting to install mojave latest version, I do not care about catalina. Could you please advice me. Thanks, mate. I will probably come with more noob questions, though.

@Leesureone Hello mate, I finally got my intel NUC8. I check the BIOS and it is 0041. Should I update it to the 0077 newest version, or leave it like that and start the process.
I am targeting to install mojave latest version, I do not care about catalina. Could you please advice me. Thanks, mate. I will probably come with more noob questions, though.
0041 is pretty old, after 0055 we had to add the RTC fix in the config.plist. I think you should update and while you are at it update the HDMI firmware. Both files and processes can be found on Intels website.

0041 is pretty old, after 0055 we had to add the RTC fix in the config.plist. I think you should update and while you are at it update the HDMI firmware. Both files and processes can be found on Intels website.
I managed to install everything as the guides say. I then ejected the usb and when I restart, the loading Apple logo bar loads middle way and then slowly drags itself and reaches the end but does nothing. Should I be waiting this? Or something is wrong?.

everything worked perfectly until I restarted the computer as the guide said. Thanks.

So just to double check, you have been able to install the system and was running properly, then you shut down the machine removed the USB drive tried to boot up and the system it's stuck to the apple logo correct?
This just happened to me. Do you have a solution? Thanks

I managed to install everything as the guides say. I then ejected the usb and when I restart, the loading Apple logo bar loads middle way and then slowly drags itself and reaches the end but does nothing. Should I be waiting this? Or something is wrong?.

everything worked perfectly until I restarted the computer as the guide said. Thanks.

Did you upload the EFI folder to the EFI partition on your hard drive? If not you still need to or continue to boot from your USB Drive.

@Leesureone I solved it. this is my benchmark, is it ok?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.33.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.33.13 PM.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 57
Did you upload the EFI folder to the EFI partition on your hard drive? If not you still need to or continue to boot from your USB Drive.
So this is what happened: I followed the guide from A to B. And then right at the end I changed the config.plist file for Rehab's one. Just like the guide said.... then I thought after thinking... why did I changed that if the EFI folder of Leesureone has one already and at some point they say it is complete. Then booted using the USB and to my surprised it booted back perfectly, then downloaded Clover configurator, cause I had no idea how to mount the EFI partition and erased the config.plist and put yours. Voila!. Everything works. And I am about to check the audio and the double screen set up. I will let you know what happens. Thanks, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back