Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply. But how comes it boots into clover from the USB if the install would have failed; it must have been installed if it boots right? The moment you execute the terminal statement for creating two partitions from post #1, two mounted disks will by seen by OSX("CLOVER EFI" and "install_osx") I followed exactly the preparation of the USB as described in post 1 and that everyone else uses for preparation of the usb installer for NUC (or does everybody use Unibeast in the end?). I just tried another usb 2.0 16gb usb drive with the same result. It boots into clover but no install posibility. The catalina app is the 8gb one and not the 19 mb one. I would like to install it without the unibeast tooling.

Thanks for your reply. But how comes it boots into clover from the USB if the install would have failed; it must have been installed if it boots right? The moment you execute the terminal statement for creating two partitions from post #1, two mounted disks will by seen by OSX("CLOVER EFI" and "install_osx") I followed exactly the preparation of the USB as described in post 1 and that everyone else uses for preparation of the usb installer for NUC (or does everybody use Unibeast in the end?). I just tried another usb 2.0 16gb usb drive with the same result. It boots into clover but no install posibility. The catalina app is the 8gb one and not the 19 mb one. I would like to install it without the unibeast tooling.
Why not use Unibeast? Createmedia should work basically the same but you are obviously having difficulty. You could have completed install by now. I'm thinking you installed Clover but didn't copy the EFI folder over or didn't set it up for UEFI booting when installing Clover, can't tell with the information provided.

Can you mount the EFI partition and then zip and post it? Either that or take a screen shot of the contents with all the folders expanded.

Eventually someone will tap you to update your signature, easy to do and saves people time when you ask for support. Cheers

Last edited:
Hello,

I updated the BIOS to version 77, and when booting, the bar under the Apple logo was advancing indefinitely and nothing happened afterwards (no prompt)...
I tried to go back to version 56 (which was the previous version), but it's not possible anymore.
I verified the different settings which are Ok.

Any idea would help :thumbup:.

Hello,

I updated the BIOS to version 77, and when booting, the bar under the Apple logo was advancing indefinitely and nothing happened afterwards (no prompt)...
I tried to go back to version 56 (which was the previous version), but it's not possible anymore.
I verified the different settings which are Ok.

Any idea would help :thumbup:.
As long as you verified you bios settings are good the EFI folder I posted should take care of the RTC fix needed now that you've updated the bios

As long as you verified you bios settings are good the EFI folder I posted should take care of the RTC fix needed now that you've updated the bios
Hi @Leesureone,

Where did you post such EFI folder?

Edit: Found it post #430

Last edited:
Hi @Leesureone,

Where did you post such EFI folder?

Edit: Found it post #430
Yes sir, thought you had already had made use of it. FYI, earlier versions I posted already had the RTC fix in place and its been quite awhile since I added the original post.

Now that my system is broken, I don't know how to update Clover bootloader from USB stick (which is not working any more...).
It seems I have to run the entire process allover again...

Edit: I didn't find an EFI folder in the attached file in post #430, only APPLE, BOOT and CLOVER folders...

Last edited:
I ask for help! Do I understand correctly?

1) I created two partions "clover efi" and "install_osx" from post #1.
2) Then I have to start clover 5100 and install it on the "clover efi".
3) Then, from post #430, I just replace the entire EFI folder
4) Using "create install media" I copy the installation files to the "install_osx" partition.

It is right?

Now that my system is broken, I don't know how to update Clover bootloader from USB stick (which is not working any more...).
It seems I have to run the entire process allover again...

Edit: I didn't find an EFI folder in the attached file in post #430, only APPLE, BOOT and CLOVER folders...
On a real Mac download Clover Configurator or use terminal to mount the EFI partition on your USB Boot Drive then delete the EFI folder on it, empty the trash, and finally copy the entire EFI folder from post #430 over to it. Insert the USB Drive into your NUC and boot from it and you should be able to see your hard drive at the Clover Boot Screen. Choose it and boot, then repeat the process on your hard drive.

I ask for help! Do I understand correctly?

1) I created two partions "clover efi" and "install_osx" from post #1.
2) Then I have to start clover 5100 and install it on the "clover efi".
3) Then, from post #430, I just replace the entire EFI folder
4) Using "create install media" I copy the installation files to the "install_osx" partition.

It is right?
Yes pretty much, I would run create media first though and then install clover or just copy over my EFI folder (it already has Clover 5100 installed). Alternatively you can download Unibeast from the site, follow the instructions on the Unibeast page, and use it to create the partitions and install the OSX installation media on your USB drive. Once done the EFI partition will probably be mounted and you can delete the EFI folder Uninbeast created, empty the trash to save space, and copy over the one I uploaded. If the EFI folder isn't showing then mount it and go from there. Make sure you follow the bios settings recommendations either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back