Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to the first question, no to the second
Completely installed catalina!
This is working very well! It is all supported, like Power Management and such other stuff?
I have a question! I would like to increase UI size, and i tried to decrease the Monitor Resolution, but it looks so blurry. There is a way to keep a 150% Scaled size of the UI but with retina HD look on the iris 655? Thansk!

Completely installed catalina!
This is working very well! It is all supported, like Power Management and such other stuff?
I have a question! I would like to increase UI size, and i tried to decrease the Monitor Resolution, but it looks so blurry. There is a way to keep a 150% Scaled size of the UI but with retina HD look on the iris 655? Thansk!
"It is all supported, like Power Management and such other stuff?" I don't know how to answer your complete question unless you get more specific but yes power management should be supported.

As for display resolution it gets tricky and not all monitors are created equal in how they perform with OSX. I would try changing the display output and see if that helps, if you are using HDMI try switching over to the Thunderbolt/ USBc port or vice versa. It may also be possible to update the HDMI firmware on your device for better results using intel updates (google results).

"It is all supported, like Power Management and such other stuff?" I don't know how to answer your complete question unless you get more specific but yes power management should be supported.

As for display resolution it gets tricky and not all monitors are created equal in how they perform with OSX. I would try changing the display output and see if that helps, if you are using HDMI try switching over to the Thunderbolt/ USBc port or vice versa. It may also be possible to update the HDMI firmware on your device for better results using intel updates (google results).
Thanks!
Could be okay if i put the ssd into a nuc8i5 from a nuc8i3? Will it work okay the same?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the following configuration:
- NUC8i5BEH
- Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) DR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB

It's my first build so I wanted to run this by you guys. Is this configuration problematic at all? I see the guide is no longer maintained so is the info in post #428 the latest available? Anyone done a similar build recently and can share their tips? Is this still a good idea at this point or are there any other builds that you would recommend at this time?

Thanks !!!!

I'm about to pull the trigger on the following configuration:
- NUC8i5BEH
- Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) DR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB

It's my first build so I wanted to run this by you guys. Is this configuration problematic at all? I see the guide is no longer maintained so is the info in post #428 the latest available? Anyone done a similar build recently and can share their tips? Is this still a good idea at this point or are there any other builds that you would recommend at this time?

Thanks !!!!
Yes. Should work great and you can go direct to Catalina, just make sure to update the Evo Plus to the latest firmware first. Otherwise you won't be able to complete the install.

After my christmas holiday I'm ready to start installing OSX on the nuc. I want to keep this machine offline so I'm wondering if it is needed to install the tools after step 11 described on the first post of this thread. So if I install Catalina by my created USB installer with the files provided by Leesureone and later install clover to the SSD and copy the (Leesureone) files from the usb installer to the SSD, can I skip the tools by rehabman which you have to download via git?

After my christmas holiday I'm ready to start installing OSX on the nuc. I want to keep this machine offline so I'm wondering if it is needed to install the tools after step 11 described on the first post of this thread. So if I install Catalina by my created USB installer with the files provided by Leesureone and later install clover to the SSD and copy the (Leesureone) files from the usb installer to the SSD, can I skip the tools by rehabman which you have to download via git?
Yes

I installed clover 5100 and the installer on two partitions. Clover boots (christmas screen) ont the nuc but there is no option to boot from the installer partition on the usb drive. Only shell - options -about -reset - exit. When I insert the usb stick on my MBP to check it mounts two disks: one with the install macos catalina with the installer app visible and one with clover. I'm using a 32 GB scandisk usb 3.0 drive. The SSD in the nuc is a SATA one Samsung 850 250gb. The NUC:NUC8I5BEH. I copied the kexts and drivers and config.plist to the Clover partition. Any ideas why I don't see the install from usb option in clover, I searched on the forum but with no success for a solution?

I installed clover 5100 and the installer on two partitions. Clover boots (christmas screen) ont the nuc but there is no option to boot from the installer partition on the usb drive. Only shell - options -about -reset - exit. When I insert the usb stick on my MBP to check it mounts two disks: one with the install macos catalina with the installer app visible and one with clover. I'm using a 32 GB scandisk usb 3.0 drive. The SSD in the nuc is a SATA one Samsung 850 250gb. The NUC:NUC8I5BEH. I copied the kexts and drivers and config.plist to the Clover partition. Any ideas why I don't see the install from usb option in clover, I searched on the forum but with no success for a solution?
Hi, the clover partition should not be visible so it sounds like it was not installed in the EFI partition (hidden by default) where it belongs. I think you will need to recreate the USB boot media using Unibeast, once done you will have only one normally visible partition the install media. Usually when Unibeast finishes it also leaves the EFI partition visible, if that works then open the EFI partition and delete the EFI folder inside, empty the trash, and then copy mine there instead. Once done then reboot and you should see the install option. If for some reason you don't see the EFI partition use Clover Configurator to mount it. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back