Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha...right.

I'm on BIOS 56 (still), and was able to install 10.14.6. with the updated efi folder from post #430. Easiest install ever.

Except...Audio! Audio over HDMI works fine, but audio from the headphone jack has a rumble in it. Tried to copy all the kexts to /Library/Extensions like in post 430, but still a rumble from the audio jack.

Anyone an idea ?

I'm on BIOS 56 (still), and was able to install 10.14.6. with the updated efi folder from post #430. Easiest install ever.

Except...Audio! Audio over HDMI works fine, but audio from the headphone jack has a rumble in it. Tried to copy all the kexts to /Library/Extensions like in post 430, but still a rumble from the audio jack.

Anyone an idea ?
So you used kext beast or some other kext installer to install them except for FakeSMC.kext? Sometimes it takes a couple of boots to sort out audio, can't say why but it sharpened to me before. You can also try to change the device ID in the config.plist. I forget which I am using now, 11 or 28 but there are others that work too.

If you have issues with crackling sound from the headphone jack several users have reported success installing all kexts, with the exception of FakeSMC.kext, to the Library/Extensions folder. Audio over HDMI and the headphone jack both should work. (You can probably install all of kexts there, including FakeSMC.kext, if you prefer) 28 is also reported as being a valid ID.

So you used kext beast or some other kext installer to install them except for FakeSMC.kext? Sometimes it takes a couple of boots to sort out audio, can't say why but it sharpened to me before. You can also try to change the device ID in the config.plist. I forget which I am using now, 11 or 28 but there are others that work too.

If you have issues with crackling sound from the headphone jack several users have reported success installing all kexts, with the exception of FakeSMC.kext, to the Library/Extensions folder. Audio over HDMI and the headphone jack both should work. (You can probably install all of kexts there, including FakeSMC.kext, if you prefer) 28 is also reported as being a valid ID.

I tried all that, but didn't work. For me, i leave it like it is, because audio over HDMI works just fine, so i use that.

Tonight i had the idea to try MacOs Catalina with the same EFI folder from post #430, and believe it or not, but i was able to succesfully install MacOs Catalina Beta on my intel nuc! Didn't anyone else tried this already ? Only thing i didn't get going was Wifi (USB wifi dongle), because of the 64 bit wifi application which isn't available for my adapter yet.

So maybe i will fire a new breeze of air into this topic...Catalina works (as far as i can tell)

I tried all that, but didn't work. For me, i leave it like it is, because audio over HDMI works just fine, so i use that.

Tonight i had the idea to try MacOs Catalina with the same EFI folder from post #430, and believe it or not, but i was able to succesfully install MacOs Catalina Beta on my intel nuc! Didn't anyone else tried this already ? Only thing i didn't get going was Wifi (USB wifi dongle), because of the 64 bit wifi application which isn't available for my adapter yet.

So maybe i will fire a new breeze of air into this topic...Catalina works (as far as i can tell)

I've got Catalina installed on a separate nvme ssd on my Z390, its still got a ways to go before I'd commit to using all the time. I'd suggest you start a separate thread being its beta software.

Is anyone using an external gpu via thunderbolt 3 and has hardware acceleration?

I'm currently encountering an issue where I get video output from the egpu but I can't use it with things like final cut pro.

I have an nuc8i7beh+razer core x+vega 64

Is anyone using an external gpu via thunderbolt 3 and has hardware acceleration?

I'm currently encountering an issue where I get video output from the egpu but I can't use it with things like final cut pro.

I have an nuc8i7beh+razer core x+vega 64

Not too many users have gone that route or posted about it although Sarkuri did but was banned for using an alternate means of creating the boot drive (N/A but he's not longer on Tonymac) See this post on Github

QHD Screen sleep issue

Thank you so much for this guide, I was able to convert my NUC8i5BEH into a great little machine.
I used the details as written down by xlr928 (post 397) and that worked out of the box for me.

All worked fine, but after changing monitor from fullHD to a Lenovo L24q-10 QHD (2560x1440) I have issues.
As soon as the display sleep mode is enabled and I wake the screen it keeps 'resetting' the display adapter resulting in around 5 seconds of blank screen and then a good screen for 1-3 seconds and looping the same. Only way to resolve is to reboot.
Monitor supports DDI, but disabling DDI did not seem to resolve this.

Ay clues ? Much appreciated, Erik. (Thought I have read this before, but there does not seem to be a search function)

Hi,

i solved this issue by switching from a HDMI cable to a USB-C <-> Displayport cable. No more blank/flickering screens after sleep.

I have two Intel NUC8i5BEH- has anyone successfully done an OpenCore install? I've got Clover running great, but the cutting edge is tempting.

I have two Intel NUC8i5BEH- has anyone successfully done an OpenCore install? I've got Clover running great, but the cutting edge is tempting.
I've got a boot disk created that works up to the boot menu (text only). I think I could get it going for experimental purposes but not sure I want to spend the time going further. Still thinking about if it's worth the effort to get it there. Like you mine are working great... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back