Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Yosemite 10.10.2 on the Asus Q550LF using Clover (Work-in-Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, this last question is for anyone who visits this post that is aware of a noobish friendly DSDT patching how to guide. I'd like to learn how to patch the DSDT to make the function keys on keyboard work to adjust brightness, volume, etc AND properly configure the Battery Status with Percentage working in real-time.

Much appreciated for your guide and thank you for any further help beforehand.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

hi, ask your keyboard brightness adjustment, power display, debugging good? I am also the same Asus Q550LF, please tell me mail! Thank

Hi,

I have the exact same laptop that I purchased from Best Buy. I got the HDMI sound to work with video but I am unable to get the stock Speakers to work with VoodooHDA 2.8.7 like you stated. How did you install it? I need details such as under the Config.plist (opened with Clover Configurator of course)...what channel did you set the audio drop down tab to? I set it to 12 for HDMI audio to work with the AppleHDA.kext. Also, I didn't check the tickers for AFGLowPowerState or ResetHDA.

I have AppleHDA.kext inside the EFI (bootable SSD) > EFI > Clover > kexts > 10.10.

Did you put VoodooHDA 2.8.7 into the 10.10 folder on bootable EFI or did you just install it with Kext Wizard?

**Also, can I get a link to a raw downloadable kext file of the VoodooHDA 2.8.7 (all I can find are package versions in Multibeast)**

Finally, this last question is for anyone who visits this post that is aware of a noobish friendly DSDT patching how to guide. I'd like to learn how to patch the DSDT to make the function keys on keyboard work to adjust brightness, volume, etc AND properly configure the Battery Status with Percentage working in real-time.

Much appreciated for your guide and thank you for any further help beforehand.
hi, ask your keyboard brightness adjustment, power display, debugging good? I am also the same Asus Q550LF, please tell me mail! Thank

Did you use any boot flags? I followed the guide step by step but for some reason it flashes the apple logo for half a second and my laptop restarts

did you use any boot flags? I followed the guide step by step but for some reason it flashes the apple logo for half a second and my laptop restarts
q550lf???

Hey guys! Sorry for the long absence. Just wanted to tell you guys that the OP has been updated and it is 10.11 El Capitan safe! So go ahead and update and get the latest and greatest from Apple!

Hey did you ever get dsdt/ssdt for this model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back