Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thank you very much. Any CPU with HD 4000 will be good? For example 3570K - more available and i3-3225 - is cheap. Would i3 be good for that? Thanks.
I5-3475s is readily available on Ali Express

Have you signed out and back in to iCloud completely before or after applying the iMessage guide ? It's probably best to post in the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/ thread to get detailed troubleshooting help. Missing even just one minor step can cause it to fail. I've never seen a hardware incompatibility cause an iMessage problem on a hack that can run macOS perfectly well.

Wow, that is quite a long guide :D TBH I don't really need iMessage to work, but you said in your guide that it is needed if I want to create create an SSDT for CPU Power Management.

but you said in your guide that it is needed if I want to create create an SSDT for CPU Power Management.
Don't recall ever saying that... hmmm

Please help me. I follow each step and when I am installing for the first time on my ssd It reboots and then it blocks on unsupported cpu two times, unsupported gpu and iocontrolluser and sonthing. See the image attached! I have an optiplex 7010 i7 3770
Are you sure you set up the EFI on the boot USB correctly?

Any CPU with HD 4000 will be good? For example 3570K - more available and i3-3225 - is cheap. Would i3 be good for that?
I3's will run cooler and use less energy. HP never used the 3570K as they run hotter. The overclocking function of the 3570K is not useful anyway as the BIOS doesn't allow it.

Get the i3-3225 or the i5-3475S.

There it says that I will need a configured SMBIOS
What it means is that you'll need a proper SMBIOS choice that matches your CPU for the SSDT for power management to work.
iMessage requires generating working serial numbers via Clover configurator that match the machine the SMBIOS refers to.

Last edited:
hey guys
I have problem because my dell don't see the usb install in boot menager.
with windows 10 installer is everything fine

Hi trs96, thanks for the detailed guide - I'm now having my 9010MT running the latest 10.15.2 (Catalina)!

The issue I have now is that I can only use the intel HD4000 (CPU: i7-3370) for the new OS and the Gigatye GTX1060 3G is not usable due to lack of nVidia's driver support.

I'm wondering is it possible to have both the HD4000 and the 1060 working on the same PC? The HD4000 for Mac and the 1060 for Win10 which I'm planning to install as the 2nd OS?

However currently I'm stuck at step 0... : plugging in the 1060 on the mainboard and connect my monitor with the HD4000 via a DP cable for the macOS display - but immediately I get an error before the DELL logo at the very very beginning, words like "you have an external GPU now do not connect your monitor to HD4000", which seems like a deadend.

Is it possible to walkaround this? Many thanks in advance, and Happy New Year!

Is it possible to walkaround this?
You would need to create a custom SSDT to disable the Nvidia 1060 while booted into macOS. It's not something I would do or even recommned with a 9010. It's a much better to have a separate Windows only PC with the 1060 installed for gaming. That way you can use a more powerful PSU and have better cooling that is really critical when gaming. If you still want to try what you are asking about I don't cover that in this thread. You'll need to post in another thread on that disabling Nvidia GPU topic, I believe it's in the laptops forum. Post is by Rehabman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back