Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone gotten Catalina audio to work from the audio out? I updated and everything seems to be working but the audio.

So has anyone gotten Catalina audio to work from the audio out? I updated and everything seems to be working but the audio.
You'll need to update AppleALC and Lilu kexts to the newest. Also run kext utility after you install them to /L/E.

You'll need to update AppleALC and Lilu kexts to the newest. Also run kext utility after you install them to /L/E.
Is using hackintool to update good? Or should is download separately and put them in the folder.

Is using hackintool to update good? Or should is download separately and put them in the folder.
Best to get them from Acidanthera on Github. Remember to install to /L/E with Kextbeast. Do not just drag and drop them into that folder.

I think you need to mark/check the box of the "RadeonDelnit" box in the graphics section of your config using Clover Configurator

Thanks for the tip. I am running Mojave and after installing the RX570 it hangs at boot: kextd stall, 60s, GFX0.

I did try to Inject ATI and RadeonDeInit together, but same result. I will try try only RadeonDeInit and see if that works.

I5-3475s is readily available on Ali Express
eBay US site has it for about $16. I think it's well worth the extra $8 compared to i3-3225. Basically, $4 per real core. :p

I am trying to install high sierra on dell optiplex 3020 sff with core i5 4590.
Stuck on Fault CR2, Fault CPU Mach Reboot
Any suggestions?

I am trying to install high sierra on dell optiplex 3020 sff with core i5 4590.
Stuck on Fault CR2, Fault CPU Mach Reboot
Any suggestions?
As stated in post #1 that model was not tested or recommended for use with this guide. It has an H81 chipset and not Q77 as the 7010 and 9010 have. There are threads specific to the 3020 that you can post in for help. You could also start a new thread in HS desktop support. First, you'll need to fill out your hardware profile before you'll get any kind of help.

Try posting here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-optiplex-3020-7020-9020-high-sierra-installation.253400/

Last edited:
I installed Catalina 10.15.2 on HP elite 8300 (USDT) and everything seems working well, since my HP elite 8300 and Dell Optiplex 7010 has the same chipset and same CPU (i5-3475s mainly for video), I took the hard drive from HP to the Dell, after I changed some BIOS settings in Dell, I tried to boot MacOS and it booted! Sound was not working (no output device found), internet is working though....

Maybe I can try to inject some drivers to /L/E for a quick and dirty fix. :p

Update: copied AppleALC and Lilu kexts to /L/E, then run "sudo kextcache -I /", then reboot, and sound is OK now!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I am running Mojave and after installing the RX570 it hangs at boot: kextd stall, 60s, GFX0.

I did try to Inject ATI and RadeonDeInit together, but same result. I will try try only RadeonDeInit and see if that works.

Still not working. I tried InjectKexts = True and added Lilu and WhateverGreen to clover kexts folder and it doesn’t work with or without RadeonDeinit.

6425F1FE-6485-458F-AEDF-31EE48FB4919.jpeg

UPDATE: Fixed by setting SMB BIOS to iMac 14,2 instead of MacMini.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back