Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually used a program that retrieved the product key so i'm hoping i can use it.
Why do you want to use it?
You may be able to but there is no need - when it comes up and asks for serial number on install just sselect 'I dont have one' and it will activate automatically. Once installed if you check the number again (using the same program) I'd be interested to know if it is the same product key across installs without re-entry, and if it isnt the same and you want to make it so, you can, just select 'change product key' from the Activation section(?) and enter it. The only issue that I've ever had is mistakenly installing 'home' when the original was 'pro', other than that, as long as the motherboard was the same I've never entered a windows key since installing Windows 8.

Last edited:
@HackinDell - Yeah typo - I think it has recently been edited and "in the drivers64UEFI folder" got duplicated and should have been deleted. Should read;

G. Download "SSDTs Dell Optiplex" zip file from the end of this post and copy and paste all
of those files in that folder to the /Clover/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition of your USB

H. Download the HFSPlus.efi file and place it in the drivers64UEFI folder

Hi guys, quick update. my 7010 is now running Mojave perfectly, just wanted to say thanks for the guide :)

G. Download "SSDTs Dell Optiplex" zip file from the end of this post and copy and paste all
of those files in that folder to the /Clover/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition of your USB
in the drivers64UEFI folder <============= IS THIS LINE A TYPO? <=================
H. Download the HFSPlus.efi file and place it in the drivers64UEFI folder
-------------------
G. Doesn't make sense. In the /patched folder in the EFI partition of your USB in the drivers64UEFI folder?
Yes, that was a mistake. Now fixed. Only HFSPlus.efi goes in drivers64UEFI.

Why do you want to use it?
You may be able to but there is no need - when it comes up and asks for serial number on install just sselect 'I dont have one' and it will activate automatically. Once installed if you check the number again (using the same program) I'd be interested to know if it is the same product key across installs without re-entry, and if it isnt the same and you want to make it so, you can, just select 'change product key' from the Activation section(?) and enter it. The only issue that I've ever had is mistakenly installing 'home' when the original was 'pro', other than that, as long as the motherboard was the same I've never entered a windows key since installing Windows 8.
I've heard that sometimes it will ask you to call in and activate it so just wanted to make sure I had it covered for worst case scenario.

@trs96 I'm going to install mine in the next couple of weeks. I was just wondering what your experience with OS updates has been like so far?

Quick question, 7010 running perfectly one slight snag. After power off or reboot my gmyle bt adaptor isnt picking up my apple wireless keyboard and mouse. I have to unplug the adaptor and as soon as i plug it back in it reconnects. Tried all the usb ports. What have i missed?

@filw10 Bluetooth cards power saving and startups are often problematic. Suggest you seek advice about whatever bluetooth card you have and if there is a thread that deals with it, ask there, where you are most likely to find someone who succeeded. I used a bluetooth kb/trackpad for a while and had similar issues which I never managed to resolve and went back to wired.

@filw10 Bluetooth cards power saving and startups are often problematic. Suggest you seek advice about whatever bluetooth card you have and if there is a thread that deals with it, ask there, where you are most likely to find someone who succeeded. I used a bluetooth kb/trackpad for a while and had similar issues which I never managed to resolve and went back to wired.

Hi thanks, i just assumed with it being on the buyers guide it would 100% work, its no biggie just a very slight gripe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back