Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Motherboard
Dell 9010 XRRDV desktop
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Regarding an extra GPU and power.
I'm presently running monitors either from the onboard DP or when I need GPU for video editing and my fussy Harzo I spark up my RX560.
just for now im piggybacking a second PSU yet have boxes of switching power supplies that would be a much more elegant solution, tho they mostly top out at 2A (laptop supply). Any thoughts or experience with this at least as temporary solution as im probably going to rehouse the whole thing in a custom container at which point I could add a larger PSU (and as ever, I only want to work with what's on hand, not buy anything).

Ta

Last edited:
Ok I was able to get it up and running by removing the extra RAM and only using one stick in the DIMM slot. Now I am stuck again because I do not have audio through HDMI and the wireless card doesn't appear to be recognized. Is there something specific I need to do to enable them?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I do not have audio through HDMI
You'll need to supply problem reporting files to get help.

Also include the make and model of the wireless card you are using.

Motherboard
Q77 Board
CPU
I7 3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok I was able to get it up and running by removing the extra RAM and only using one stick in the DIMM slot. Now I am stuck again because I do not have audio through HDMI and the wireless card doesn't appear to be recognized. Is there something specific I need to do to enable them?
Did you select under sound settings the HDMI output? It won't select it on its own. I was using a gt 710 and had zero issues with the install. What size USB are you using? Also when you format the USB make sure it deletes everything.

I tried to generate the report but I do not have internet since my wireless card isn't being recognized

I do not have any options for output devices in the sounds menu

I am using the recommended TPLink T6E AC1300 from the guide

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I am using the recommended TPLink T6E AC1300 from the guide
Others have reported problems with Mojave and that card recently search this site for a solution. Someone should have found one by now. There may be a Broadcom related kext that will work.

Last edited:
Got everything working!! Fixed the wireless with the kext from:

I installed it like the others from the desktop and it is working great!! Thanks for the help

Is there any reason that my read/write speeds would be really low? The SSD should have around 500mb/s but I am seeing less than 10mb/s write and barely 20mb/s read

CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple
Mobile Phone
iOS
In case this might help anyone out. I had been having weird issues @ random with my hackintosh. I have a standard Optiplex 7010 SFF. i7-3770 + 12GB of ram + 256 Silicon Power SSD. I was originally on 10.14.4? (Mojave) and upgraded to 10.10.5. I'm not sure if the issues occurred before or after the upgrade but here was my issue. Chrome/Spotify were not running properly. For chrome half the pages would render and clicking the address bar or tabs would cause them to blank out. For Spotify none of the album art or images in the main window would low.

On top of that when in System Settings the search bar would have a black line through the middle of it. I reinstalled everything 2-3 times and would reboot. I've tried different clover versions from the one in the guide (4920?) to the latest. I've tried no kext, some kext, old and new kext (whatever green specifically) and had no luck. I deleted whatever green from my kext folder (Library/Extensions) and everything worked perfect after a reboot. I'm not sure why this is happened or maybe 10.14.5 has no need for whatever green?