Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guide works for fully enabling HD4000 graphics so there must be some part that you didn't complete yet. Go back and read through the seven steps again and find what is missing.
I have gone through the steps and verified that I have completed all of them.

I have gone through the steps and verified that I have completed all of them.
Upload the EFI folder (Zip it up and remove Serial #s) on your EFI partition of the boot drive and we'll look at it. Also state whether you are using the 740 for graphics or the HD4000 exclusively with the card removed.

Upload the EFI folder (Zip it up and remove Serial #s) on your EFI partition of the boot drive and we'll look at it. Also state whether you are using the 740 for graphics or the HD4000 exclusively with the card removed.
Here is the EFI folder. Serial number isn't a big deal as I have not had time to jack with any of that yet. I am currently using the HD 4000 Graphics only. The GT 740 will arrive this weekend, then I will try and figure that one out. This mackintosh thing seems to be a never ending project

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 69
Here is the EFI folder. Serial number isn't a big deal as I have not had time to jack with any of that yet. I am currently using the HD 4000 Graphics only. The GT 740 will arrive this weekend, then I will try and figure that one out. This mackintosh thing seems to be a never ending project

There is no patched DSDT in the Clover/ACPI/patched folder. That is in step #4. There is also a new video you can follow.

The following things in screenshots are all different than what the guide asks you to do. So you'll need to fix all of these.

No patches in ACPI ? See step #5

Screen Shot 14.jpg

IntelGFX should be 0x0
Screen Shot 15.jpg

Screen Shot 16.jpg

You don't need to enter this platform id.

Why use the USB port limit patch when it's not needed ?

Screen Shot 19.jpg

Follow only my guide, don't mix things in from any other guides here or on any other sites.

Last edited:
There is no patched DSDT in the Clover/ACPI/patched folder. That is in step #4. There is also a new video you can follow.

The following things in screenshots are all different that what the guide asks you to do. So you'll need to fix all of these.

No patches in ACPI ? See step #5

View attachment 355095

IntelGFX should be 0x0
View attachment 355096

View attachment 355097
You don't need to enter this platform id.

Why use the port limit patch when it's not needed ?
View attachment 355098

Follow only my guide, don't mix things in from any other guides here or on any other sites.
I patched the DSDT then my machine wouldn't boot. I also put the patches in ACPI but removed both of these after my machine would not boot. Here is the EFI folder again with the DSDT. If you could please check that for me while I redo the ACPI patches and fix IntelGFX and platform ID.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 71
I patched the DSDT then my machine wouldn't boot. I also put the patches in ACPI but removed both of these after my machine would not boot. Here is the EFI folder again with the DSDT. If you could please check that for me while I redo the ACPI patches and fix IntelGFX and platform ID.

DSDT is still not patched correctly, that's why it woudn't boot. Go through step #4 again. Watch the video guide too. Go slowly and read through each sentence carefully this time. It this is all new to you, it's easy to make mistakes when in a hurry to get this done.

Screen Shot 22.jpg
Screen Shot 21.jpg

DSDT is still not patched correctly, that's why it woudn't boot. Go through step #4 again. Watch the video guide too.

View attachment 355101 View attachment 355102
Okay. Just going to confirm - I need to open the DSDT and do cmd+f and type Windows 2009 enter. Then replace that with Darwin. Click compile, fix the errors, check for 7 warnings, click save as and do machine learning thingy, then put back. Correct?

Okay. Just going to confirm - I need to open the DSDT and do cmd+f and type Windows 2009 enter. Then replace that with Darwin. Click compile, fix the errors, check for 7 warnings, click save as and do machine learning thingy, then put back. Correct?

Yes, just like in the video guide and the written guide. Open the .DSL and then edit that, not the DSDT.aml file.

Yes, just like in the video guide and the written guide. Open the .DSL and then edit that, not the DSDT.aml file.
I am confused. I patched it and put it in the patched folder as the guide said. Am I supposed to put it in the regular origin folder as well?

I'm signing off for the evening as it's been about a 15 hr. day for me. Let me know how it works out.

I am confused. I patched it and put it in the patched folder as the guide said. Am I supposed to put it in the regular origin folder as well?

No, just in the patched folder, leave the origin alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back