Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patching the DSDT correctly will fix this problem. Steps 4 and 5 will be all you need to complete.
I have verified that I inserted the correct patches. Attached you will find my EFI folder. Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 155
I have verified that I inserted the correct patches. Attached you will find my EFI folder. Thanks.

The DSDT shows no errors after compiling but I can't find the Darwin entry that should replace "Windows 2009"

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.23.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.24.20 PM.png

Remove the USB port limit patch or at least disable it. Not needed. You are putting kexts in the other folder that shouldn't be there. The only kexts you need in "other" are FakeSMC and your Intel ethernet kext. Delete everything else from that folder. WhateverGreen is not necessary either. Lilu and AppleALC should be installed to /L/E as the guide instructs. Use Kextbeast to do this. You're getting closer, so don't give up yet.
Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.26.34 PM.png

The DSDT shows no errors after compiling but I can't find the Darwin entry that should replace "Windows 2009"

View attachment 355306 View attachment 355308

Remove the USB port limit patch or at least disable it. Not needed. You are putting kexts in the other folder that shouldn't be there. The only kexts you need in "other" are FakeSMC and your Intel ethernet kext. Delete everything else from that folder. WhateverGreen is not necessary either. Lilu and AppleALC should be installed to /L/E as the guide instructs. Use Kextbeast to do this. You're getting closer, so don't give up yet.
View attachment 355307
Where do I disable/delete the patch?

View attachment 355306 View attachment 355308

View attachment 355307
Also, sometimes it will hang on boot. Attached is an image.

Attachments

• 4B3D02AB-66BB-4E1D-B4A6-3F7E8C01A08F.jpeg
    4B3D02AB-66BB-4E1D-B4A6-3F7E8C01A08F.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 133
Would it be possible for you to just send me your EFI folder without the Serial Number and I could try that to see what happens? Thanks for all your help on this...
That doesn't work well because my patched DSDT is likely different in a number of ways that could prevent it from working on your HP. What I would suggest is a clean install from your Unibeast drive. Wipe the current install of HS by formatting the drive in Disk Utility and then implement the guide in post #1 precisely as it is presented and it will work. I know that for certain from the extensive testing that I did to write the guide for my 7010 USFF with an i5-3475S CPU and HD4000 graphics.

That doesn't work well because my patched DSDT is likely different in a number of ways that could prevent it from working on your HP. What I would suggest is a clean install from your Unibeast drive. Wipe the current install of HS by formatting the drive in Disk Utility and then implement the guide in post #1 precisely as it is presented and it will work. I know that for certain from the extensive testing that I did to write the guide for my 7010 USFF with an i5-3475S CPU and HD4000 graphics.
Okay. I will try that this afternoon. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back