Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 20190701_210241.jpg
    20190701_210241.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190701_210251.jpg
    20190701_210251.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 48
It wouldnt boot from USB if this was set to enabled and Legacy Boot would be greyed out, so set -

SecureBoot > Secure Boot Enable - should be disabled, it is in the 2nd set
Boot List OPtion - should be UEFI
and on the top right of same screen "USB: UEFI something" and 2nd the list the SATA drive, and untick anything that isnt one of those two things on the left.

You must have the usb in when you boot to be able to make some of the changes in the bios boot order so;
Put the usb stick in and reboot and make the changes and reboot into bios just to check the boot order

Last edited:
View attachment 414274

You need to either uncheck or delete everything here that you don't want. i.e. Diskette, CD/DVD etc.
You want the USB device first in your boot sequence.

Wait, so I am supposed to install this in legacy mode? Not UEFI? What I have pictured there is when I have the Boot sequence on Legacy and NOT UEFI.

Wait, so I am supposed to install this in legacy mode? Not UEFI? What I have pictured there is when I have the Boot sequence on Legacy and NOT UEFI.
Turn off legacy Option Roms, Set to UEFI and those won't be options to prevent booting from USB then.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate the support, but I think the issue is with the USB. The 9010 doesn't see the USB as a UEFI device for booting. I hit f12 while booting up, and I get the firmware options. The Mojave Installer USB is in the front USB slot. See attached.

I've made 3 separate USB sticks and none of them seem to mount an EFI folder on my desktop after being made. I've made two on my macbook pro 2017, and one on my hackintosh desktop. All three are not being seen as a bootable device.

Attachments

• 20190701_211818_HDR.jpg
    20190701_211818_HDR.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 43
none of the images posted - would indicate that a well formed Unibeast USB would show as a boot option. If the usb will boot to clover on your other hackintosh (and it is a uefi based machine) then it is just these settings.

SecureBoot > Secure Boot Enable = Not Ticked

General>Boot List Options -
Dot to select UEFI and,
on the top right of same screen the first boot option should be "USB: UEFI something" and,
2nd on the list, the SATA drive, and
un-tick anything that isnt one of those two on the left.

Last edited:
none of the images posted - would indicate that a well formed Unibeast USB would show as a boot option. If the usb will boot to clover on your other hackintosh (and it is a uefi based machine) then it is just these settings.

SecureBoot > Secure Boot Enable No Tick
Boot List OPtion - Dot next to UEFI
and on the top right of same screen the first boot option should be "USB: UEFI something" and 2nd on the list, the SATA drive, and un-tick anything that isnt one of those two on the left.
Yeah, that's one of the problems. I'm not seeing anything once I click on UEFI on Boot List Options.

Yeah, that's one of the problems. I'm not seeing anything once I click on UEFI on Boot List Options.
You could have missed some things. Check that your EFI partition of the USB has the modded config.plist and the USB inject all kext installed. Also check in Drivers64EUEFI folder for HFPlus.efi That definitely has to be in that folder of the USB stick to be able to see the USB drive at boot up. See E through H of Step number 2 in post #1 of this thread.

You could have missed some things. Check that your EFI partition of the USB has the modded config.plist and the USB inject all kext installed. Also check in Drivers64EUEFI folder for HFPlus.efi That definitely has to be in that folder of the USB stick to be able to see the USB drive at boot up. See E through H of Step number 2 in post #1 of this thread.
Yeah, I'm not seeing an EFI partition on any of the installers I'm making. I've tried to erase and rename the USB itself through disk util, but it give me an error and say it can't do it. I'll try something and report back.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I'm not seeing an EFI partition on any of the installers I'm making. I've tried to erase and rename the USB itself through disk util, but it give me an error and say it can't do it. I'll try something and report back.

Thanks for the help.
Make sure you do all these steps first, then Erase the USB. Making it GUID partition table will create the EFI partition
automatically.

Next set your Finder Prefs to show the hard disks on the desktop. When you see the EFI partition mount when running Unibeast install app then you'll know that it was created correctly.

Then do step 2. E-H of the guide after you have success with Unibeast. That's the really important part to make your install go smoothly with no Kernel Panics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back