Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Injection of AMD Vega Power and Fan Control Properties

As far as I can tell it works like under Windows. PP_DisablePowerContainment does exactly what the name says. It disables the power limits of the card.

Yes, I did. But I don't use VGTab. I created an Excel sheet for generating PowerPlayTables. The Reason are card-specific parameters that cannot be set using VGTab. The most important one is "Minimum PWM Limit". This is kind of a calibration value so the actual fan speed matches the value macOS wants to set. If "Minimum PWM Limit" doesn't match the value of your card, the fan will spin either too slow or too fast.
Just a quick question Chris. Do you require a developer account to install 10.14.5? Thanks

Your Apple ID is enough for public betas. Just for developer betas you will need a developer account.

Hi, you said to put the good kext of the sensor of the motherboard. Where I can know what is my chip. I have look on z370m itx ac Asrock site but i didnt find specification. thx

I have asrock z370 m itx, work with F718x.kext

Last edited:
@demonknight9 try use

SWUSwitcher app and choose "Beta Program Members" option, or another one...

Your Apple ID is enough for public betas. Just for developer betas you will need a developer account.
Did you try Beta 2? All the graphics still ok?

**Ignore that. Just installed beta 2 and it's perfect! Reverted the card's rom to the official Gigabyte OC one and the same, perfect stuff. Apart from a bit of corruption (pink lines) when the boot screen changes to the last boot screen before the password screen.
So far 10.14.5 is very stable. Thanks for the help guys

Last edited:
Using Beta 2 since release, no issues despite the glitch you mentioned.

Hi demonknight9...im have this little glitches too!! Pink...im don't care about it... that's all fine...!!!

Back