Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Injection of AMD Vega Power and Fan Control Properties

Not working in my case.

Removed both GPUSensors.kext and iStat menus, every system file linked to istat menus like caches etc. Rebuilt system kext caches and repaired persmissions, still not working after reinstalling istat.

Does the intel power component have any effect on this? I do not have it installed.

This happens if there are FakeSMC GPU sensor kexts somewhere. You still haven't removed everything. Check S/L/E, L/E and your Clover kexts folder. The latter btw. is where pretty much all Hackintosh kexts should be placed to keep things clean.

This happens if there are FakeSMC GPU sensor kexts somewhere. You still haven't removed everything. Check S/L/E, L/E and your Clover kexts folder. The latter btw. is where pretty much all Hackintosh kexts should be placed to keep things clean.

I do keep a very clean system. All 3rd party kexts in L/E and only a duplicate of absolute necessary kexts like FakeSMC.kext in Clover. FakeSMC_ACPI is the only sensor kext I have left, except for the main FakeSMC.kext.

I wouldn't call kexts in L/E clean. You should inject everything via clover. But to everyone his own.
Please check if your temperature readout actually works by entering this in Terminal:
while sleep 1; do clear;ioreg -l | grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Clock\|Power'; done

This is where iStat Menus gets its data from.

Please check if your temperature readout actually works by entering this in Terminal:
while sleep 1; do clear;ioreg -l | grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Clock\|Power'; done

Yes it works, it's how I've been checking temps when tweaking my overclock.

That's strange. Don't know why it doesn't work for you then.

That's strange. Don't know why it doesn't work for you then.
Maybe it clears up in 10.14.5, but if you say it's always been working for you, then it's strange... Thanks anyway

Using iStat since High Sierra, Vega always showed up. Never used any GPU sensor kext because they don't work with my cards.

Using iStat since High Sierra, Vega always showed up. Never used any GPU sensor kext because they don't work with my cards.
Which Vega 64 card are you using?

Gigabyte Vega 64 Gaming OC and MSI Vega 64 Reference.

Back