Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I am having trouble with my touchpad on my HP ProBook 4530s. When I go to SysPrefs -> Trackpad I get a message that says "No Trackpad Found". Have I messed up somewhere? The touchpad itself and the keyword work fine, I just can't customize the touchpad's functionality.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
Hello!

I am having trouble with my touchpad on my HP ProBook 4530s. When I go to SysPrefs -> Trackpad I get a message that says "No Trackpad Found". Have I messed up somewhere? The touchpad itself and the keyword work fine, I just can't customize the touchpad's functionality.

Thanks!

Slow boot from HDD often causes problems (10.13.x).
Read here regarding abm_firstpolldelay kernel flag:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Or install an SSD.

I
I installed it according to your high Sierra instructions on the HP Probook 4530s. Everything works but there is a problem with "RealtekRTL8111.kext". Whenever I use a wire connection, the computer freezes, the mouse works but needs to restart (hard reset). The same problem occurs on the desktop as well. If I use wifi - the problem does not appear. I installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 + suplemental update. Thanks anyway. Great Work!

I used google translate but I think you understand.

@RehabMan

I
I installed it according to your high Sierra instructions on the HP Probook 4530s. Everything works but there is a problem with "RealtekRTL8111.kext". Whenever I use a wire connection, the computer freezes, the mouse works but needs to restart (hard reset). The same problem occurs on the desktop as well. If I use wifi - the problem does not appear. I installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 + suplemental update. Thanks anyway. Great Work!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi All,

I have already successfully transistioned a 4330s and a 4540s from the PBI-CE to Rehabmans new system.

But now in attempting the same procedure on a 4530s everything goes to plan until I reboot after the new config.plist is installed in the efi partition. The system starts to boot and I get the first loading screen but when the system moves to the gui the screen goes black and although Mac is still loading I cannot get to the desktop.

I looked around for a solution and found the mention of HD3000 in a Series 7 chipset and wondered if changing the config.plist to Macbook Pro 8.2 smbios would help. Well sort of, I was able to successfully log into El Capitan but sound no longer worked and nothing i tried fixed it!

I couldn't see other posts that related to my problem..

I have updated my profile and used the automatic problem generator, hope it all worked!

Any Ideas?

Attachments

• debug_28853.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
Hi All,

I have already successfully transistioned a 4330s and a 4540s from the PBI-CE to Rehabmans new system.

But now in attempting the same procedure on a 4530s everything goes to plan until I reboot after the new config.plist is installed in the efi partition. The system starts to boot and I get the first loading screen but when the system moves to the gui the screen goes black and although Mac is still loading I cannot get to the desktop.

I looked around for a solution and found the mention of HD3000 in a Series 7 chipset and wondered if changing the config.plist to Macbook Pro 8.2 smbios would help. Well sort of, I was able to successfully log into El Capitan but sound no longer worked and nothing i tried fixed it!

I couldn't see other posts that related to my problem..

I have updated my profile and used the automatic problem generator, hope it all worked!

Any Ideas?

Your ioreg shows MacBookPro8,1 (not 8,2 as you mention). But 8,1 is the correct one used by the guide.
Your laptop is not 7-series (4530s is always 6-series).

Your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) shows you're using a wrong version of Clover (very old):
0:100 0:000 Starting Clover rev 3316 on HPQ EFI

The guide has a link to the recommended RehabMan Clover build:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) also shows you're booting from USB, not the HDD.
Without the patched ACPI and custom config.plist from your EFI on HDD, no expectation of audio (and other features) working.
You must boot from the final system drive EFI/Clover.

Your ioreg shows MacBookPro8,1 (not 8,2 as you mention). But 8,1 is the correct one used by the guide.
Your laptop is not 7-series (4530s is always 6-series).

Your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) shows you're using a wrong version of Clover (very old):
0:100 0:000 Starting Clover rev 3316 on HPQ EFI

The guide has a link to the recommended RehabMan Clover build:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your Clover bootlog (extracted from ioreg) also shows you're booting from USB, not the HDD.
Without the patched ACPI and custom config.plist from your EFI on HDD, no expectation of audio (and other features) working.
You must boot from the final system drive EFI/Clover.

Hi.

Yes, I probably had tried a number of SMBIOS updates booting from the USB installer to get to the desktop.

As you have pointed out, clover was at the PBI edition which I thought I had updated to the 4411 package from the internet, but it had gone to the wrong place... I know, you had mentioned it somewhere but I though I had it covered..

So now, I have your version of clover and the situation is as follows.

8,1 No display
8,2 All working including sound.

Clover 4411

8,1 No display

Lesson. Check and re-check before you post..

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_27549.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
Hi.

Yes, I probably had tried a number of SMBIOS updates booting from the USB installer to get to the desktop.

As you have pointed out, clover was at the PBI edition which I thought I had updated to the 4411 package from the internet, but it had gone to the wrong place... I know, you had mentioned it somewhere but I though I had it covered..

So now, I have your version of clover and the situation is as follows.

8,1 No display

Clover 4411

8,1 No display

Lesson. Check and re-check before you post..

Thanks.

You should really only be setting the "personal" details in config.plist/SMBIOS (such as serial#s).
All other details should be left to Clover defaults (except for Trust=true).

What I do is leave config.plist as is (from guide), and create EFI/Clover/smbios.plist that specifies only SMBIOS/BoardSerialNumber and SMBIOS/SerialNumber.

I am using MacBookPro8,1 without issue on my 4530s (1080p display). Your issue may be due to the other fields you're overriding in config.plist/SMBIOS.

You should really only be setting the "personal" details in config.plist/SMBIOS (such as serial#s).
All other details should be left to Clover defaults (except for Trust=true).

What I do is leave config.plist as is (from guide), and create EFI/Clover/smbios.plist that specifies only SMBIOS/BoardSerialNumber and SMBIOS/SerialNumber.

I am using MacBookPro8,1 without issue on my 4530s (1080p display). Your issue may be due to the other fields you're overriding in config.plist/SMBIOS.

So, just add the 2 fields that you mention in a new file smbios.plist and away you go? Do you have a complete example minus persoanl pc stuff anywhere. I would like to transistion to that approach.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back