Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I do is leave config.plist as is (from guide), and create EFI/Clover/smbios.plist that specifies only SMBIOS/BoardSerialNumber and SMBIOS/SerialNumber.

This is golden information. I wish this was in the FAQ because I do it differently and it is a PITA.

This is golden information.

I requested the feature long ago in one of the Clover threads on IM. @apianti (on IM) implemented it... and I've been using it ever since. I didn't put in the guide here due to time constraints and potential difficulties explaining it (it is easy to understand for those that have a clue, but for those just starting, introducing another plist file may be confusing).

There are other advanced Clover features (that I even use in this guide or others) that are quite useful, but that I don't discuss in the FAQ or main Clover guide, just because there is enough information to soak in already. You can learn a lot by reading the Clover threads regularly, not to mention learning that can be done by reading the Clover source code.

I wish this was in the FAQ because I do it differently and it is a PITA.

I'm not sure what you mean... "in the FAQ"...
Anyone can make recommendations for changes to the FAQ... or even this guide.

Guys i need some help.
I have a 4540s i have upgraded the Hdd to SSD, CPU and the LCD....8gb ram as well
I have followed the guide quite a few times and am almost 100% but am having issues.

1. can some one have a look and see if i have done everything corretly (mainly about the config.plist) as i have a 4540s with intel3000 and an upgraded CPU and am not sure what to use 8.1 or 8.2 or something different all together. I have been configuring my smbios in the config but ill do it differently on the next install as mentioned above few posts.

2. when i boot my mouse keyboard freeze, they let me put a passcode in but thats it, have to hold power to reboot.

3. when i boot and start using the laptop some of my graphics in Safari are blurred, not all the time but often and usually small amount of blotchiness spread around the screen.

4. when a new system update is available via app store, it downloads and when i reboot and select Install macOS just hangs blank screen for ever or shows mouse in corner, i have to use my install usb to execute the update then once it boots restart and boot like normal.

5.During the clover menu, i have other entries like file vault and one other that i have tried to delete via a dos like option during boot up but to no avail, any ideas how to have only the Windows, Mac and Recovery showing.

6. i am unable to have 1920x1080 via boot regardless if theme supports it or not, if i put the driver my screen goes blurry and shrinks the boot options.

Any Help is much APPRECIATED.

Thank you and sorry if i have missed anything....glad to add any more info needed.

PS: RehabMan you are a genius thanks for spoon feeding us your wisdom you have a lot of patience answering our silly posts.

Attachments

• 26734.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
no idea why my attachment is so small but i hope i did it right....

I requested the feature long ago in one of the Clover threads on IM. @apianti (on IM) implemented it... and I've been using it ever since. I didn't put in the guide here due to time constraints and potential difficulties explaining it (it is easy to understand for those that have a clue, but for those just starting, introducing another plist file may be confusing).

There are other advanced Clover features (that I even use in this guide or others) that are quite useful, but that I don't discuss in the FAQ or main Clover guide, just because there is enough information to soak in already. You can learn a lot by reading the Clover threads regularly, not to mention learning that can be done by reading the Clover source code.

I'm not sure what you mean... "in the FAQ"...
Anyone can make recommendations for changes to the FAQ... or even this guide.

Interesting ... I will also look into that Clover functionality.

Guys i need some help.
I have a 4540s i have upgraded the Hdd to SSD, CPU and the LCD....8gb ram as well
I have followed the guide quite a few times and am almost 100% but am having issues.

1. can some one have a look and see if i have done everything corretly (mainly about the config.plist) as i have a 4540s with intel3000 and an upgraded CPU and am not sure what to use 8.1 or 8.2 or something different all together. I have been configuring my smbios in the config but ill do it differently on the next install as mentioned above few posts.

2. when i boot my mouse keyboard freeze, they let me put a passcode in but thats it, have to hold power to reboot.

3. when i boot and start using the laptop some of my graphics in Safari are blurred, not all the time but often and usually small amount of blotchiness spread around the screen.

4. when a new system update is available via app store, it downloads and when i reboot and select Install macOS just hangs blank screen for ever or shows mouse in corner, i have to use my install usb to execute the update then once it boots restart and boot like normal.

5.During the clover menu, i have other entries like file vault and one other that i have tried to delete via a dos like option during boot up but to no avail, any ideas how to have only the Windows, Mac and Recovery showing.

6. i am unable to have 1920x1080 via boot regardless if theme supports it or not, if i put the driver my screen goes blurry and shrinks the boot options.

Any Help is much APPRECIATED.

Thank you and sorry if i have missed anything....glad to add any more info needed.

PS: RehabMan you are a genius thanks for spoon feeding us your wisdom you have a lot of patience answering our silly posts.

Problems/Comments:
- Clover/drivers64UEFI content is wrong
- Clover/kexts is wrong
- your config.plist is not up-to-date with current github content
- EC reset may help your keyboard/trackpad
- you should also make sure your BIOS is up-to-date
- 1080p not expected for the Clover screen
- the Clover you're using is not the latest RehabMan build (as recommended in the guide)

Thank you for your quick reply RehabMan....

could i get some clarifications please

-- my laptop is it still a 7 Series even though its with HD3000 graphics...(just to clarify so i know exactly which config to use)
-- my bios is F.61 should i still be updating/downgrading it
-- for the SMBIOS and config does the 4540 still apply to me as mine seems to be a 7 Series HD3000 and a diff cpu now, a little confused here.
Also have edited this post many times now as i keep doing updates.
so far updated uefi64 drivers
kexts
config (trying the smbio.plist as well)
installed RehabMan Clover as per guide
ill do another edit with updated system scan

(sorry for sounding like a noob just need some guidance)

any help much appreciated.

Regards
Alen

Last edited:
i plugged my probook 4540s(upgraded 1080p AUO screen) to external monitor(1080p) via hdmi and decided to use as main monitor while my probook lid is closed (mirroring)..but when i rebooted in my external monitor has a shuttered display after booting apple logo and login screen..what seems to be the problem? is there a cnnection in config? 4540s_hires?

Last edited:
-- my laptop is it still a 7 Series even though its with HD3000 graphics...(just to clarify so i know exactly which config to use)

Yes... as all 4x40s are 7-series.
Keep in mind post-install is a completely separate scenario (read guide "Final config.plist").

-- my bios is F.61 should i still be updating/downgrading it

The guide recommends the latest BIOS.

-- for the SMBIOS and config does the 4540 still apply to me as mine seems to be a 7 Series HD3000 and a diff cpu now, a little confused here.

I would try first: SMBIOS MacBookPro8,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back