Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you have the onboard BT controller disabled in BIOS.
The Bluetooth module was removed from this laptop prior to my purchase. I have now also ordered a Bluetooth module for the laptop (it was cheap on eBay). Hopefully adding the module will do the trick or the dongle. :)

SOLVED

The partition is hidden ;)

------------------------------

hmm .. this is odd .. I got High Sierra working on my HP 840 G3. At clover boot screen I can see the 2 partitions (normal and recovery). But after the post install and inserting the generated serial number in de plist, the recovery partition is gone. Is there anyway to get it back?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Thank you.
If I understand correctly, then, in case the name of my flash drive, from which the installation will be done, is "1", and the name of the volume on which the operating system will be installed is "macOS High Sierra", then the code in the terminal after the installation of the installer from a flash drive, will look like this (when SIP is switched off):

/Volumes/«1/Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume macOS High Sierra --converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense

Correctly?

Have you fixed it? I got my HP 840 G3 working now with High Sierra

Hi, rehabman: I installed macOS 10.13.3 on hp elitebook 840g3, which I used under https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/
Guided completion of the ACPI patch, normal using, but I found that the screen brightness and volume can not be saved, in the black screen will not wake up, the screen has been in black, I hope you can give me some advice, thanks.
Attach my hardware:
Model: elitebook 840g3
CPU: i7-6600U
display: 2560x1440
bios: 1.24
wireless: BCM943452zae
memory: DDR4-2400 8G

ningnandeMBP:RehabMan ningnan$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

15 2 0xffffff7f82b55000 0x9c000 0x9c000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (6.1) 1804645B-B360-305E-B1BE-916F5E3E1CC4 <14 13 12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

ningnandeMBP:RehabMan ningnan$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

ningnandeMBP:RehabMan ningnan$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

ningnandeMBP:RehabMan ningnan$ kextstat|grep -y applehda

125 1 0xffffff7f8275a000 0x1d000 0x1d000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (280.12) 55162F3D-B7E9-315C-A7E1-C5C4C02F03EC <124 123 100 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

150 0 0xffffff7f828de000 0xb7000 0xb7000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (280.12) 7FC2BABA-4D4F-34FC-93E2-3E3244DEB73D <149 125 124 123 118 100 6 5 4 3 1>

151 0 0xffffff7f82779000 0x2000 0x2000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver (280.12) 2D6BB587-0D94-3E6D-AFBE-A4A03F37A6A9 <4 3>

Have you fixed it? I got my HP 840 G3 working now with High Sierra
NO,I follow the tips RehabMan were replaced OsxAptioFixDrv and AptioMemoryFix, still not solve. The screen brightness still can not be saved, the brightness is restored to the maximum after each reboot, after the black screen can not wake up.

OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi not recommended.
Use either OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (don't forget RC scripts).
-OR-
Use only AptioMemoryFix.efi
Hi, RehabMan, I accepted your proposal, respectively, to replace the OsxAptioFixDrv and AptioMemoryFix, still can not be solved, the screen brightness still can not be saved, the brightness restored to maximum after each reboot, after the black screen can not wake up. I also tried to inject edid information, no improvement. Thank you very much for your advice.

The Bluetooth module was removed from this laptop prior to my purchase.

That would explain why no BT. Your laptop does not have the (USB) connections for the BT that is part of the WiFi card as the BT is separate.

SOLVED

The partition is hidden ;)

------------------------------

hmm .. this is odd .. I got High Sierra working on my HP 840 G3. At clover boot screen I can see the 2 partitions (normal and recovery). But after the post install and inserting the generated serial number in de plist, the recovery partition is gone. Is there anyway to get it back?

As per Clover documentation for hidden boot targets... Press F3 in Clover.

Thank you.
If I understand correctly, then, in case the name of my flash drive, from which the installation will be done, is "1", and the name of the volume on which the operating system will be installed is "macOS High Sierra", then the code in the terminal after the installation of the installer from a flash drive, will look like this (when SIP is switched off):

/Volumes/«1/Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume macOS High Sierra --converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense

Correctly?

The path within Terminal (from the installer) is always the same, and is documented in the guide.

Hi, RehabMan, I accepted your proposal, respectively, to replace the OsxAptioFixDrv and AptioMemoryFix, still can not be solved, the screen brightness still can not be saved, the brightness restored to maximum after each reboot, after the black screen can not wake up. I also tried to inject edid information, no improvement. Thank you very much for your advice.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back