[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I ask Qs, here is my system details:

hp 2570p
-Mobile Intel QM77 Express
-3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3320M
-Intel HD Graphics 4000
-I have replaced my Wifi chipset with AR9285 and it was working on Sierra. (with AtherosWiFiInjector.kext and IOath3kfrmwr.kext)

Q1- I will use "config_HD4000_1366x768.plist" as it reflects my resolution and it's a 7-series hp laptop, right?

Yes.

Q2- prior to installation, what kexts exactly I will need to have in my EFI/Clover/kexts/Other to have a smooth functioning OSX? Or will need to have them all no matter what? Because I have seen kexts here(e.g. HPFanReset.efi) for probooks that I thought I won't need them as mine is an elitebook.

HPFanReset.efi is not a kext. It is an EFI driver. It goes to drivers64UEFI.
The guide has images of example content for Clover/kexts/Other and drivers64UEFI.

Thanks RehabMan,
I'm adding 9470m_i7_debug_13885.zip with the file name.
If I need to add it under another forum I can write it there.

---- old message ----
Hello there
I wrote here. Empty black screen after opening. I'm trying to build on an hp 9470m with a 1600x900 i7 processor. I'm using config.plist, which is for 9470m.
macOs 10.13.6
---------------------

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• 9470m_i7_debug_13885.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 82
Thanks RehabMan,
I'm adding 9470m_i7_debug_13885.zip with the file name.
If I need to add it under another forum I can write it there.

---- old message ----
Hello there
I wrote here. Empty black screen after opening. I'm trying to build on an hp 9470m with a 1600x900 i7 processor. I'm using config.plist, which is for 9470m.
macOs 10.13.6
---------------------

If this is for the installer (config.plist is for the installer), your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is wrong.
Read the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

And you should not have anything in ACPI/patched (ACPI/patched content is for "final config.plist" and post-install tasks completed).

If this is for your main EFI/Clover setup on HDD/SSD, you need to remove all kexts from Clover/kexts/Other, then follow all post-install tasks in post #1 (eg. download.sh, install_tools.sh, ./build.sh, install_acpi.sh, ./install_downloads.sh, copy final config.plist).

Mixing pre-install and post-install components is not valid.

Attachments

• report.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
Hey Rehabman,

I have done 4 Fresh High Sierra 10.13.6 Installs on SSD on my HP Probook 4530s. For 3rd and now on current 4th time I used special applealc branch (Working very well) and I also used beta branch to generate SSDT.

Everything is working as expected but there are 2 problems I can’t seem to resolve.

1: Randomly macOS just freezes with and without Applications running then it won't work unless restart the laptop. I can only move cursor during this freeze.

2: ORICO BTA-408 USB Bluetooth Dongle 4.0 (BCM20702), It used to work very well but for unknown reason it stopped working.

Attachments

• debug_26918.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Thanks i give you the file requested.
To resume i have an hp 9470m with mojave working, wifi BMC94352HMB ( wifi only working) and no audio.

Your kextcache shows AppleALC.kext installed.
But your config.plist is not from the applealc branch.
You cannot mix components from master branch vs. applealc branch.

Hey Rehabman,

I have done 4 Fresh High Sierra Installs on SSD on my HP Probook 4530s. For 3rd and now on current 4th time I used special applealc branch (Working very well) and I also used beta branch to generate SSDT.

Everything is working as expected but there are 2 problems I can’t seem to resolve.

1: Randomly macOS just freezes with and without Applications running then it won't work unless restart the laptop. I can only move cursor during this freeze.

2: ORICO BTA-408 USB Bluetooth Dongle 4.0 (BCM20702), It used to work very well but for unknown reason it stopped working.

Your Clover bootlog shows only a single RAM stick installed. Better results with dual-channel configuration. Replace RAM with matched 2x 4GB.

Your ioreg shows multiple BT controllers active. macOS/OS X does not like to see multiple BT controllers. If you're using an external BT device, you must disable the internal one (BIOS setting).

Yes.

HPFanReset.efi is not a kext. It is an EFI driver. It goes to drivers64UEFI.
The guide has images of example content for Clover/kexts/Other and drivers64UEFI.

Thank you for the quick response.
Well, HPFanReset is clearly not a kext because its an .efi file. Apologize for giving the wrong example. I have just checked the guide but couldn't find the example content of Kexts/Other specifically for my model 2X70p. Would you mind sharing the link or a keyword so that I can search by?

Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response.
Well, HPFanReset is clearly not a kext because its an .efi file. Apologize for giving the wrong example. I have just checked the guide but couldn't find the example content of Kexts/Other specifically for my model 2X70p. Would you mind sharing the link or a keyword so that I can search by?

Thanks!

The guide has an image of kexts/Other. It is relatively universal. Additional kexts will be added during post install by ./install_downloads.sh.

The only goal with EFI/Clover on USB is to get the USB installer to boot, complete functionality, at that point, is not a goal.

The guide has an image of kexts/Other. It is relatively universal. Additional kexts will be added during post install by ./install_downloads.sh.

The only goal with EFI/Clover on USB is to get the USB installer to boot, complete functionality, at that point, is not a goal.

I see. The Kexts that are needed pre-installation are FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext as you mentioned here. and pre-installation Kexts/other folder will look like this:
cloverkexts-png.353135

All other kexts are to be installed at post-installation. So, I can remove other kexts (if I have any) in the Kexts/Other as they are not going be needed at this point. Correct?

Another Q: Do I need anything to add to my drivers64UEFI folder at pre-installation as I understand the HPFanReset.efi is not for Elitebook, only for probook? Or they are required no matter what? Or they are being installed by the bootloader post-installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back