Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ioreg showed otherwise. If the BIOS option is not working, use uia_exclude to exclude the internal BT port.

I don't understand this kernel flag. Should I just put "uia_exclude" in the argument? If not then How to use this properly?

Last edited:
Thanks RehabMan for your work!
Mojave works on 9470m! I used applealc branch. Audio works, but can't get wifi (Atheros AR928) working! First time from 10.11... Cache rebuilding can't help...
Hardware button doesn't helps.
Wifi icon on statusbar with [x] on it and shows that no hardware support. Trying Clover from previous installation (config and kext) but same result...

Attachments

• problem_report.zip
    3 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Thanks for this guide and your work!
I've successfully installed High Sierra on my Elitebook 840 G1 and upgraded it to Mojave, with Filevault and everything working :)

One thing I did have to do is up the intel graphics memory from 32MB to 64MB in my BIOS, despite the guide saying it's Broadwell and Skylake only. Not doing this caused all third-party apps to not render properly (missing text or just complete garbage output). The only thing that doesn't appear to be working is the smart card reader.

Thanks RehabMan for your work!
Mojave works on 9470m! I used applealc branch. Audio works, but can't get wifi (Atheros AR928) working! First time from 10.11... Cache rebuilding can't help...
Hardware button doesn't helps.
Wifi icon on statusbar with [x] on it and shows that no hardware support. Trying Clover from previous installation (config and kext) but same result...

Apple removed support for Atheros WiFi.
You can grab kexts from older macOS and it might work for a while..., but recommend you install compatible Broadcom WiFi hardware.

Thanks for this guide and your work!
I've successfully installed High Sierra on my Elitebook 840 G1 and upgraded it to Mojave, with Filevault and everything working :)

One thing I did have to do is up the intel graphics memory from 32MB to 64MB in my BIOS, despite the guide saying it's Broadwell and Skylake only. Not doing this caused all third-party apps to not render properly (missing text or just complete garbage output). The only thing that doesn't appear to be working is the smart card reader.

Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And yes, 8x40 G1 uses an override for ig-platform-id (0x04260000) which requires 64mb DVMT-prealloc.

Apple removed support for Atheros WiFi.
You can grab kexts from older macOS and it might work for a while..., but recommend you install compatible Broadcom WiFi hardware.
Can somebody grab Atheros Wifi kext from older macOS for me before I will buy Broadcom? Cause I have only 10.14 from now... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back