Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my Probook 450 G0 has a bluetooth audio issue. Headphones or speaker pairing but they are not recognized as audio unit, and after few second they disconnected. My Magic Mouse works perfectly. Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IOReg.zip
    636.5 KB · Views: 60
  • RehabMan.zip
    57.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Terminal.zip
    3 KB · Views: 67
You did not follow the guide (the guide DOES NOT install SSDT-PNLF.aml).
Follow the instructions in post #1 as written.

I've followed the guide as expected - the only additional thing was the SSDT-PNLF.aml.
The SSDT-PNLF.aml was used to get the brightness controls working - otherwise this feature isn't working.

Your drivers64UEFI content is wrong.
The guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Also, the kexts you have installed (according to kextcache output) include kexts that are not installed by this guide.
This guide does not use:
lspcidrv.kext
toledaARPT.kext

Follow the guide carefully.

I removed lspcidrv.kext and toledaARPT.kext, and change OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi for OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Now testing.

I'd put OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi although the guide doesn't recommend it because when I boot into the High Sierra upgrade from Sierra the boot log threw and error related with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and not with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

I followed the problems reporting guide as well as I could. I hope I didn't forget anything.
This is what is happening:

- macOS 10.13.2 with Clover_v2.4k_r4359
- very slow boot (5-10min) even with TRIM disabled
- sudden reboot/kernel panics
- screen staying black after sleeping (not always but about 50% of the time)

- see problem reporting files attached
- I used during post install : install_6x0g2_skylake and config_6x0_G2_Skylake.plist
- only thing I changed is the boot resolution in the plist which was not 1920x1080 by default

Thanks to rehabman for putting the time to create this guide.

Attachments

• pifos_2_problem_report.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
If I mis-understand...Install kexts in /L/E can only boot system partition?

Kexts installed to a given system partition affect only that system partition.
FakeSMC.kext and other essential kexts are not installed into the recovery partition.
Note also the same is required for booting the installer... and system updates often use the installer.

If I want to boot into recovery partition it must install kexts into CLOVER/Kexts/Other?

Yes, of course.
It is written in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

A future version of install_downloads.sh will force install correct kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

I've followed the guide as expected - the only additional thing was the SSDT-PNLF.aml.
The SSDT-PNLF.aml was used to get the brightness controls working - otherwise this feature isn't working.

SSDT-PNLF.aml content is integrated into the model specific SSDT.
You should not add SSDT-PNLF.aml... it will cause conflict with the model specific SSDT.

Follow post #1 as written. Nothing less. Nothing more.

Hi, my Probook 450 G0 has a bluetooth audio issue. Headphones or speaker pairing but they are not recognized as audio unit, and after few second they disconnected. My Magic Mouse works perfectly. Thanks.

Your audio configuration is not correct.
Remove AppleHDAHCD_ProBook.kext, AppleHDA_ProBook.kext (those two are mutually exclusive even if you did configure for using them).
Run install_downloads.sh.
As per guide...

Note: You installed on APFS. It is probably a mistake. Use HFS+J instead.

I followed the problems reporting guide as well as I could. I hope I didn't forget anything.
This is what is happening:

- macOS 10.13.2 with Clover_v2.4k_r4359
- very slow boot (5-10min) even with TRIM disabled
- sudden reboot/kernel panics
- screen staying black after sleeping (not always but about 50% of the time)

- see problem reporting files attached
- I used during post install : install_6x0g2_skylake and config_6x0_G2_Skylake.plist
- only thing I changed is the boot resolution in the plist which was not 1920x1080 by default

Thanks to rehabman for putting the time to create this guide.

Install on HFS+J, not APFS.

Also, after that... (if you still have an issue):
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (you forgot to press F2 and F4)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back