Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have some kexts installed incorrectly:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f89d7615960 [0x7fff91ade980]> { URL = "Shiki.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Shiki" }
Shiki.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f89d772df40 [0x7fff91ade980]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Since you seem to be installing kexts manually, see FAQ for proper kext installation procedures using Terminal:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I fixed what i have done wrong. Here are again reporting files with no trackpad working after boot. (Keyboard is still working)

Attachments

• debug_30050.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
I fixed what i have done wrong. Here are again reporting files with no trackpad working after boot. (Keyboard is still working)

Did you do EC reset?
Also, make sure BIOS is up-to-date.
You might also check if there are any BIOS options related to the trackpad.

From your kernel log, you can see that the trackpad is not returning valid data:
Code:
2018-01-22 20:21:03.875975+0100 0x170      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (kernel) VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00

Maybe your trackpad is not Synaptics, or at least is not compatible with the Synaptics kext.
You could try enabling VoodooPS2Mouse.kext.
One way to test that is to comment out this part of SSDT-4x0-G4-Kabylake.dsl:
Code:
    #include "SSDT-KEY87.asl"

To:
Code:
    //#include "SSDT-KEY87.asl"

There are other ways to enable the mouse driver, but that is a quick/easy way...

Install on HFS+J, not APFS.

So I reinstalled over the weekend using HFS+J. I got few days stable and then the symptoms are back :
- slow boot (not every single time though)
- sudden shutdown/panic
- keyboard/trackpad sometimes not working at login screen

It might be a coincidence but things got bad after installing the Arduino IDE as well as FTDI VCP drivers.
I included the problem reporting files.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• pifos_2 reporting Tonymac.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
It might be a coincidence but things got bad after installing the Arduino IDE as well as FTDI VCP drivers.

Remove them and retest.
Also remove VMware (note USB related VMware stuff in ioreg: com_vmware_kext_UsbPortArbiterUserClient_15_1_6)
You can tell there are problems with BrcmPatchRAM (it is hung), most likely due to conflicts with VMware or other software you installed.

It's safe to update to 10.13.3?

It's safe to update to 10.13.3?

I've updated to 10.13.3 on my HP EliteBook 820 G4 and everything seems to work like it was before ...

another question: is the "unlock via iwatch" feature working? for me the button is not available (sysprefs - security) ...

another question: is the "unlock via iwatch" feature working? for me the button is not available (sysprefs - security) ...

Probably not with non-Apple BT.

Any change requires updated problem reporting files.

No. This thread is only for the supported laptops as per post #1.
Ok, the 450g0 file after change... The audio BT issue persists.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
  • ioreg.zip
    625.1 KB · Views: 65
  • RehabMan.zip
    57.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Terminale.zip
    3 KB · Views: 74
Ok, the 450g0 file after change... The audio BT issue persists.

The files show onboard audio working and configured correctly.

But your ioreg also proves you installed to APFS. I'm fairly certain I suggested that you install to HFS+J.

Note: Your Bluetooth controller is 13d3:3404. It is not known for great compatibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back