Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already explained why your scenario is failing and made suggestions for how to fix it.

Check your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other content. Seems likely you forgot SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
And check your Clover bootlog to determine if the kexts are being injected.

Keep in mind I gave you *two* suggestions for fixing your issue. It seems you only tried the first suggestion.
Thanks. Booting from USB installer is ok now...

But booting recovery partation from Clover installed on system drive, stop at a white screen, after verbose log.

Attachments

• Problem_Files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 70
Here's just the IOReg with the HDMI plug connected, but not working.

Weird thing is that occasionally the HDMI connection works. When it does, the TV displays with a UHD (3840x2160) resolution. Then I unplug and replug, and nothing. Maybe I need an upgraded cord? The other laptop (my HP Probook 6570b) connects every time, but I think it's using FHD (1920x1080).

Is there a way to perhaps disable the HDMI ability to go that high of a resolution? I should also try connecting to a different TV that maxes out at FHD...

Attachments

• wHDMI.zip
    631.8 KB · Views: 62
Alright, so when I toggled the TV to a different input but left it plugged into my laptop, the laptop showed the TV and settings for it. I chose Optimize for Built In Display (in System Prefs::Display) to keep it at FHD resolution, and now every time I plug in it's fine.

So I suspect it's either an issue with the UHD TV or I need a faster throughput cable (2.0 or 2.1). Either way, I don't think I'll need that high of a resolution, so I'm more than happy with a perfectly good working FHD + Audio connection!

Hello! I've successfully installed macOS Sierra 10.12 on my Elitebook 8470p, and everything seems to be working fine. The only problem is that when I first boot up macOS, it seems like the CPU stays in a "power saver" mode, because everything is really slow/laggy. The fix is sleeping the computer for a little while (20 mins?). Is there any fix? Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• debug_5924.zip
    830.5 KB · Views: 80
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
When I press F3 then booting into recovery partition, stop at a white screen, after verbose log.

PS: This file reflect how Clover were installed and configured (efi drivers, kexts, RC scripts).
Code:
/Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist

Attachments

• hp_1030_g1_cannot_boot_rec.zip
    2 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back