Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i want to know is it cpu pm working but how, can i see it from AppleIntelInfo?

Working:
Code:
CPU P-States [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] iGPU P-States [ 7 9 (17) ]

When I press F3 then booting into recovery partition, stop at a white screen, after verbose log.

PS: This file reflect how Clover were installed and configured (efi drivers, kexts, RC scripts).
Code:
/Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Why do you expect to boot macOS without FakeSMC.kext and other essential kexts?

Hi,

I am experiencing some random freezes on High Sierra + APFS + TRIM disabled (Samsung MZ7PA128HMCD-010H1) on HP EliteBook 8560p. Anyone has experience or experiencing it?.

The window system get freeze but I can move the mouse pointer and I still earring audio if it was playing before freeze :/.

Regards.
updated post with files

Your drivers64UEFI content is wrong.
The guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Also, the kexts you have installed (according to kextcache output) include kexts that are not installed by this guide.
This guide does not use:
lspcidrv.kext
toledaARPT.kext

Follow the guide carefully.

Hello! I've successfully installed macOS Sierra 10.12 on my Elitebook 8470p, and everything seems to be working fine. The only problem is that when I first boot up macOS, it seems like the CPU stays in a "power saver" mode, because everything is really slow/laggy. The fix is sleeping the computer for a little while (20 mins?). Is there any fix? Thanks in advance :)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I've managed to install my HP EliteBook 840 G4 like described in the initial post ...

but there are a few devices not working - BIOS is up to date (1.13 - released in January 2018)

- camera is not working
- wifi/bluetooth are not working (this is hardware related as an intel card is used - the broadcom is already ordered - hopefully there is no BIOS whitelist on this device)
- ethernet is working - but recognizes the connection only if the cable is connected during the boot
- card reader is not working
- battery status is working, but without remaining time - only percentage is displayed
- fingerprint is not working

attached the reporting files ....

Attachments

• debug_5544.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 86
I've managed to install my HP EliteBook 840 G4 like described in the initial post ...

but there are a few devices not working - BIOS is up to date (1.13 - released in January 2018)

- camera is not working
- wifi/bluetooth are not working (this is hardware related as an intel card is used - the broadcom is already ordered - hopefully there is no BIOS whitelist on this device)
- ethernet is working - but recognizes the connection only if the cable is connected during the boot
- card reader is not working
- battery status is working, but without remaining time - only percentage is displayed
- fingerprint is not working

attached the reporting files ....

You did not follow the guide (the guide DOES NOT install SSDT-PNLF.aml).
Follow the instructions in post #1 as written.

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Why do you expect to boot macOS without FakeSMC.kext and other essential kexts?
When I press F3 then booting into recovery partition, stop at a white screen, after verbose log.

PS: This file reflect how Clover were installed and configured (efi drivers, kexts, RC scripts).
Code:
/Library/Preferences/com.projectosx.clover.installer.plist
Sorry, this time I am booting into recovery partition from clover installed on system main drive (SSD).

Sorry, this time I am booting into recovery partition from clover installed on system main drive (SSD).

That does not mean you can do so without having the required kexts on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

That does not mean you can do so without having the required kexts on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
If I mis-understand...Install kexts in /L/E can only boot system partition? (I learned that install_downloads.sh install kexts to /L/E)
If I want to boot into recovery partition it must install kexts into CLOVER/Kexts/Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back