Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks will do it ,now with native KBL support is it possible to get HDMI audio ??

If it is not working, attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

Attachments

• ApplleHDA.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 71
  • EFI.zip
    19.9 MB · Views: 85
  • kextcache.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 69
  • kextstat.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 80
  • KUL’s MacBook Air.zip
    544.7 KB · Views: 67
  • RehabMan.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 84
Here are the files

EFI not requested. Please attach only EFI/Clover as per post #1, "Problem Reporting".
(EFI/Clover will be much smaller than the entire EFI folder).

EFI not requested. Please attach only EFI/Clover as per post #1, "Problem Reporting".
(EFI/Clover will be much smaller than the entire EFI folder).
Sorry for that ....here is Clover folder

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
Hello.
I have the same problem as RurouniX (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-681#post-1548875).
History of the problem: I was on 10.11.3 with PBI-CE, then transit to hotpatch yesterday, then upgrade to 10.11.6, all according the guide in post#1 of this topic.Today I updated Clover to last version (4128) and downloaded Sierra from AppStore (10.12.6). I start instalation of Sierra, after reboot and waiting loading with black screen and Apple logo I get the same screen as RurouniX (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-681#post-1548875). There is no reaction on mouse or keyboard, only hard reset helps to boot back on El Capitan. If I boot to installing of Sierra, I get that white screen with loading mouse on top left corner again.
Can anyone please helps me figure out of this problem?
Problem reporting files in attachments.
EDIT: later I noticed that usb-mouse can move loading cursor from left top corner anywhere on the screen, instead of laptop touchpad. Maybe it helps to understand what wrong, I don't know.

Attachments

• Downloads:RehabMan.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 81
  • EFI:CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 88
  • ioreg.zip
    548.5 KB · Views: 65
  • logsFromTerminal.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hello.
I have the same problem as RurouniX (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-681#post-1548875).
History of the problem: I was on 10.11.3 with PBI-CE, then transit to hotpatch yesterday, then upgrade to 10.11.6, all according the guide in post#1 of this topic.Today I updated Clover to last version (4128) and downloaded Sierra from AppStore (10.12.6). I start instalation of Sierra, after reboot and waiting loading with black screen and Apple logo I get the same screen as RurouniX (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-hotpatch-10-11.189416/page-681#post-1548875). There is no reaction on mouse or keyboard, only hard reset helps to boot back on El Capitan. If I boot to installing of Sierra, I get that white screen with loading mouse on top left corner again.
I also tried with fresh install but instead of El Capitan, directly to Sierra, of course with this guide and not the old with PBI-CE, and I got the same result.

And I think there is a problem with the kexts for HP ProBook 4530s, they do not work properly on Sierra 10.12.6, because I solved the problem somehow, I tried another kexts for the Clover EFI Bootloader installed on the USB, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share links from other places.

I also tried with fresh install but instead of El Capitan, directly to Sierra, of course with this guide and not the old with PBI-CE, and I got the same result.

And I think there is a problem with the kexts for HP ProBook 4530s, they do not work properly on Sierra 10.12.6, because I solved the problem somehow, I tried another kexts for the Clover EFI Bootloader installed on the USB, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share links from other places.
Did I understand correctly that you managed to install 10.12.6 without that bug with loading?
Can you tell what you do without links to other places.

Did I understand correctly that you managed to install 10.12.6 without that bug with loading?
Can you tell what you do without links to other places.
Yes I managed to install macOS Sierra 10.12.6, fresh install though, because I've already tried with this guide first and formated the partition and same result.

I followed this guide and the one for making the Clover EFI Bootloader on USB, but instead of using the kexts from that one, I replace them with the once I found and it pass, and the installation was successful.

After that, I followed the Post-Installation section, and now everything is working as it should.

Here are the files
Sorry for that ....here is Clover folder

If your external port is HDMI, you will need patches for AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer to change connector-type from HDMI to DP. FakePCIIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext will probably need to be deleted or disabled.

Hello.
EDIT: later I noticed that usb-mouse can move loading cursor from left top corner anywhere on the screen, instead of laptop touchpad. Maybe it helps to understand what wrong, I don't know.

The EFI/Clover you attached is not appropriate for booting the installer.
Read the guide carefully.
Post install is different from pre-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back