Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm testing macOS High Sierra Beta 4. I was able to boot so far, however there are still minor issues. Battery status is not reported (even if it worked for me in El Capitan at the same hardware). Also sound does not work for me at all.

I tried many things, and run out of ideas for now. Any piece of advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ProBook 430 G3.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
Changes to FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio look valid (according to data in ioreg).

Assumption: HDMI audio on Kaby Lake not supported at this time. I will remove "hda-gfx" for now..., and add to "Known Problems".
Edit: DONE.
Guess now we should change this

It is probably a macOS/OS X limitation then.
Keep in mind there are no Apple products with that many connectors.
I'm reading real mac forums and they have similar issues to what I experience sometimes. Plugging in the third monitor puts other monitors into sleep mode, sometimes you have to reboot.
It is probably a macOS/OS X limitation then.
Keep in mind there are no Apple products with that many connectors.
Possible, but technically the built in display should work too. Of course the hardware is very different...
Graphics and Video Support
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Dual display and video mirroring:
    Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on up to two external displays, at millions of colors

I am using config_HD4000_1600x900.plist, which injects
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x01660004</string>

Does it matter that I have an 009? I changed the platform key but it seems to also patch CapriBuffer. Just curious.

Also, the machine seems to work equally well with the default clover plist.

Thanks

Hello,

i am following this guide on my Probook 430 G4 to install 10.12.6, but i face problems when it comes to the Post Installation part.
The problem is related to the internet connection. Everything is fine, also internet via Ethernet works, but as soon as i plug in the ethernet cable, a few moments later OSX starts freezing. When i hard reboot, my Notebook tells me:

"The system time is invalid. This may be a result of a loss in battery power. Set the correct time and date using your operation System. If this message persists, you may need to replace the onboard battery.

Factory Default Settings Loaded
Real-Time Clock Power Loss (005)
Enter-Reboot the System"

So i can not procede with the Post-Installation Terminal part.
I checked everything and i think, i did not miss any part of the guide.

Last edited:
Hello!
I have HP 470G4 (Kaby Lake) with installed MacOs 10.13 beta 4.
Everything working fine, except battery status and one more thing:
when I unplug my DC power - reboot. When I am booting without DC - reboot after login screen.
What can it be?

UP:
When I disable some DSDT patches (all battery Notify and Methods) from this guide, reboot is stoped. But no battery status

UP2:

Disabled only "change Notify(BAT0,...) to Notify(BATC,...)" and now no reboot after plug-unplug power adapter and boot without it. Still no battery status.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 61
  • ioreg.zip
    655.5 KB · Views: 70
  • CLOVER.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 66
  • terminal output.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hello, @RehabMan everything works fine ! but when I connect my iPhone it says : pls connect the iPhone with USB, to low Voltage
when I connect a USB 2.0 stick it will works but with a USB 3.0 it says too pls connect with USB to low Voltage.
And after Hibernate it says my Webcam need Voltage.
Whats the problem ? I have have update everything but nothing happens.
I hope you can solve this problem for me :)
Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 14.05.32.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 14.48.11.png

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 74
  • Jeroens MacBook Pro.zip
    653.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Pictures an EFI.zip
    16.5 MB · Views: 65
  • RehabMan.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Thanks worked

Please attach "Problem Reporting" files for verification.
Then I can decide how to integrate these changes into the github repo.

I'm testing macOS High Sierra Beta 4. I was able to boot so far, however there are still minor issues. Battery status is not reported (even if it worked for me in El Capitan at the same hardware). Also sound does not work for me at all.

I tried many things, and run out of ideas for now. Any piece of advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1.

I'm reading real mac forums and they have similar issues to what I experience sometimes. Plugging in the third monitor puts other monitors into sleep mode, sometimes you have to reboot.

Possible, but technically the built in display should work too. Of course the hardware is very different...
Graphics and Video Support
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Dual display and video mirroring:
    Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on up to two external displays, at millions of colors

I am using config_HD4000_1600x900.plist, which injects
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x01660004</string>

Does it matter that I have an 009? I changed the platform key but it seems to also patch CapriBuffer. Just curious.

Also, the machine seems to work equally well with the default clover plist.

Thanks

This guide uses 0x01660004 and a set of patches to enable the external connectors.
It does not use 0x01660009.

Hello,

i am following this guide on my Probook 430 G4 to install 10.12.6, but i face problems when it comes to the Post Installation part.
The problem is related to the internet connection. Everything is fine, also internet via Ethernet works, but as soon as i plug in the ethernet cable, a few moments later OSX starts freezing. When i hard reboot, my Notebook tells me:

"The system time is invalid. This may be a result of a loss in battery power. Set the correct time and date using your operation System. If this message persists, you may need to replace the onboard battery.

Factory Default Settings Loaded
Real-Time Clock Power Loss (005)
Enter-Reboot the System"

So i can not procede with the Post-Installation Terminal part.
I checked everything and i think, i did not miss any part of the guide.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back