Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed post #1.
I am also not messing with FixHDA_8000, I have this option disabled (just checked that sound works with it and Apple ALC, but normal I don't use it and everything is as in post #1).
Im uploading files as attachments to report a problem.
Thanks to your hard work I have also Sierra 10.12 on my Hp Probook 4530s, it works flawless. Unfortunately with Elitebook 8470p it works but with some issues described above.

Thanks for any help or hints.

Audio and backlight control should work if you boot without caches, rebuild cache, then reboot, as per post #1.
Why is AirPortAtheros40.kext patched? (restore to vanilla).

Audio and backlight control should work if you boot without caches, rebuild cache, then reboot, as per post #1.
Why is AirPortAtheros40.kext patched? (restore to vanilla).
Rebuild and reboot done. Unfortunately audio and brightness not work. There is no brightness slider in Settings, keyboard shortcuts don't work either. However it works with Brightness Slider from App Store.
AirPortAtheros40.kext is patched because I have replaced my wifi card from default Intel Centrino to Atheros AR5B125

Rebuild and reboot done. Unfortunately audio and brightness not work. There is no brightness slider in Settings, keyboard shortcuts don't work either. However it works with Brightness Slider from App Store.
AirPortAtheros40.kext is patched because I have replaced my wifi card from default Intel Centrino to Atheros AR5B125

Post #1 has WiFi recommendations.
Install supported WiFi.
Then restore all kexts to vanilla by running the macOS installer (make sure the version matches the one you have installed).
When done, run post-install instructions as per post #1.
For further info on brightness, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
(maybe you need to change the productId in EDID)

I recommend a fresh install if still not working.

Read post #1, "USB customization". Or just attach ioreg that shows the card reader active (eg. -uia_ignore_rmcf).
Here you are !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 08.23.52.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 08.23.52.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 113
Sounds like a hardware/installation problem.
Perhaps you didn't connect the antennas correctly.
Test in Windows to verify your hardware.

Also, your ioreg shows Android File Transfer. Read related topic in FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, I only have one wifi antenna in my 450 G2 and after swapping the connection to the other connector on my wlan card I now have bluetooth but I am unable to connect to any device, be it an apple device or android device. It will connect briefly then disconnect. When I try and connect again i get a message 'Network is Unavailable, Make sure network access is enabled'.

I have removed Android Transfer.

If you need the reporting files again please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

dear sir
i have problem with usb port and something when complete install
1. USB port: usb 3.0 port worked but problem is sometime (50%) 1 connect new device or reconnect them (like a mouse), my hackintosh auto shutdown (off hot, about 1s). i don't know why but i scared my hdd can be fail if that continue
2. iCloud and brightness: when i start mycomputer, it always ask my update password for icould id and brightness reset to max level
3. My sound: i use AppleALC and LiLu but it not work for me. So i'm using voodooHDA, oh it verry good for me. But onething, i can use HDMI audio and recoder screen with quicktime, it don't recieve system sound although i have been tried use soundflower.
That all error in my hackintosh, I hope to receive help from you
Thanks so much for reading
That's all i have

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    614.5 KB · Views: 63
Hello,

I'm trying to follow your guide but I'm somehow stuck with no audio (got it to work one time but then I tried to not been able to control the volume and stopped working :D ). I see that at post #1 there's no mention to support for HP Probook 5330m but there's a config.plist for it. Is this model really supported?

Regards,

Gabriel

Hi, I only have one wifi antenna in my 450 G2 and after swapping the connection to the other connector on my wlan card I now have bluetooth but I am unable to connect to any device, be it an apple device or android device. It will connect briefly then disconnect. When I try and connect again i get a message 'Network is Unavailable, Make sure network access is enabled'.

I have removed Android Transfer.

If you need the reporting files again please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

You need to connect antennas to both leads.
Keep in mind the iPhone is not intended to pair. It uses BT4LE. No experience with Android products.

That's all i have

"Problem Reporting" file are incomplete. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
It is obvious from your ioreg that you didn't follow the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back