Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest update the `.gitignore' file in HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch repo to suppress `Untracked files' when issue `git status'.
Before:
Code:
Build/*
!Build/readme.txt
After:
Code:
build/*
!build/readme.txt

You must be running a case sensitive file system.
It is working as-is here on non-case sensitive HFS+J.
Will change (eventually) though.

What should I do if internal Mic of ALC286 (layout6 in your repo) works when using VoodooHDA, but not works when using patched AppleHDA method in your repo.

Research new AppleHDA XML/etc.
If you find something better propose changes.

dear sir
i have problem with usb port and something when complete install
1. USB port: usb 3.0 port worked but problem is sometime (50%) 1 connect new device or reconnect them (like a mouse), my hackintosh auto shutdown (off hot, about 1s). i don't know why but i scared my hdd can be fail if that continue
2. iCloud and brightness: when i start mycomputer, it always ask my update password for icould id and brightness reset to max level
3. My sound: i use AppleALC and LiLu but it not work for me. So i'm using voodooHDA, oh it verry good for me. But onething, i can use HDMI audio and recoder screen with quicktime, it don't recieve system sound although i have been tried use soundflower.
That all error in my hackintosh, I hope to receive help from you
Thanks so much for reading

#1 and #2: Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
#3 This guide does not use AppleALC. It also does not use VoodooHDA. Follow post #1 as written.

I have successfully installed Sierra on my HP Elitebook 8470p. I have done everything step by step as described in this guide. Almost everything work as it should. Only problem is display brightness and sound, both not working (brightness doesn't work at all, for my sound devices I got only grayed volume icon in system tray).
My sound card (IDT 92HD81B1X5) works without problem when I use Apple ALC kext in my Clover directory, in config.plist I have to give ResetHDA, inject 12 in Devices->Audio section and FixHDA_8000 in ACPI Section. But when I have sound working then my battery status is not working, I cannot get percentage info for my battery in system tray.
How can I fix this ?
View attachment 277629
View attachment 277630

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
You should not be messing with FixHDA_8000/etc.
Follow post #1 as written.

Elitebook 8470: enable internal smartcard reader ?
@RehabMan
- Thanks for the great tutorial !
- I know that the smartcard reader is not on your focus, it can be enabled by booting with the kernel flag "-uia_ignore_rmcf".
Any hints to enable it permanently with a SSDT patch ?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
You should not be messing with FixHDA_8000/etc.
Follow post #1 as written.
I have followed post #1.
I am also not messing with FixHDA_8000, I have this option disabled (just checked that sound works with it and Apple ALC, but normal I don't use it and everything is as in post #1).
Im uploading files as attachments to report a problem.
Thanks to your hard work I have also Sierra 10.12 on my Hp Probook 4530s, it works flawless. Unfortunately with Elitebook 8470p it works but with some issues described above.

Thanks for any help or hints.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    56 KB · Views: 69
  • output.txt.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 66
  • MacBook Pro.zip
    507.2 KB · Views: 65
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
Elitebook 8470: enable internal smartcard reader ?
@RehabMan
- Thanks for the great tutorial !
- I know that the smartcard reader is not on your focus, it can be enabled by booting with the kernel flag "-uia_ignore_rmcf".
Any hints to enable it permanently with a SSDT patch ?

Read post #1, "USB customization". Or just attach ioreg that shows the card reader active (eg. -uia_ignore_rmcf).

I have followed post #1.
I am also not messing with FixHDA_8000, I have this option disabled (just checked that sound works with it and Apple ALC, but normal I don't use it and everything is as in post #1).
Im uploading files as attachments to report a problem.
Thanks to your hard work I have also Sierra 10.12 on my Hp Probook 4530s, it works flawless. Unfortunately with Elitebook 8470p it works but with some issues described above.

Thanks for any help or hints.

Audio and backlight control should work if you boot without caches, rebuild cache, then reboot, as per post #1.
Why is AirPortAtheros40.kext patched? (restore to vanilla).

Audio and backlight control should work if you boot without caches, rebuild cache, then reboot, as per post #1.
Why is AirPortAtheros40.kext patched? (restore to vanilla).
Rebuild and reboot done. Unfortunately audio and brightness not work. There is no brightness slider in Settings, keyboard shortcuts don't work either. However it works with Brightness Slider from App Store.
AirPortAtheros40.kext is patched because I have replaced my wifi card from default Intel Centrino to Atheros AR5B125

Rebuild and reboot done. Unfortunately audio and brightness not work. There is no brightness slider in Settings, keyboard shortcuts don't work either. However it works with Brightness Slider from App Store.
AirPortAtheros40.kext is patched because I have replaced my wifi card from default Intel Centrino to Atheros AR5B125

Post #1 has WiFi recommendations.
Install supported WiFi.
Then restore all kexts to vanilla by running the macOS installer (make sure the version matches the one you have installed).
When done, run post-install instructions as per post #1.
For further info on brightness, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
(maybe you need to change the productId in EDID)

I recommend a fresh install if still not working.

Read post #1, "USB customization". Or just attach ioreg that shows the card reader active (eg. -uia_ignore_rmcf).
Here you are !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 08.23.52.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 08.23.52.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back