Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running on HFS+J, but I think may be other git configurations led it works on your environment.

HFS+J can be either case sensitive or case insensitive.

The original xmls for ALC286 from Mirone has a little problem, it has a wrong combination for PathMap of Mic. So Mic is not working. The code below has carefully tested, and it works.
Code:
$ git diff
diff --git a/Resources_ProBook/Platforms.plist b/Resources_ProBook/Platforms.plist
index c0e8b29..319f08f 100644
--- a/Resources_ProBook/Platforms.plist
+++ b/Resources_ProBook/Platforms.plist
@@ -1692,7 +1692,7 @@
                                                                <key>Boost</key>
                                                                <integer>3</integer>
                                                                <key>NodeID</key>
-                                                               <integer>18</integer>
+                                                               <integer>24</integer>
                                                        </dict>
                                                </array>
                                        </array>
@@ -1762,7 +1762,7 @@
                                                                <key>Boost</key>
                                                                <integer>3</integer>
                                                                <key>NodeID</key>
-                                                               <integer>24</integer>
+                                                               <integer>18</integer>
                                                        </dict>
                                                </array>
                                        </array>

I will apply that patch.
People with ALC286 should be aware of this change and test.

Another suggestion: the download.sh file in your reop use curl to fetch resources from https://bitbucket.org. But I found that it is failed to download when using https (curl verbose outputs an SSL error), so I change https to http.
Code:
downloading RehabMan-xxxxx:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-xxxxx/downloads/RehabMan-xxxxx-20yy-mmdd.zip

curl: (7) Failed to connect to bbuseruploads.s3.amazonaws.com port 443: Operation timed out

It is working just fine here.
Something is wrong with your setup (internet connection, etc.)

Last edited:
hi Everyone >>>>Still Not Able to solve Mac Appstore Sign In Problem

Hp Probook 450 G3
Intel HD 520 Graphics
Intel Core i7 CPU
8gb Ram

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Sure?, I see it attached as Required files.zip.

My reply was to post #7379.
No attachment there.

Any way I attach it again in this post. Thanks for patient.

View attachment 277915

The file is too large.
You probably attached entire EFI folder (including EFI/APPLE/etc) instead of just EFI/CLOVER.
Please read "Problem Reporting" files carefully.

No such hardware here.

question: changing the SSDT-8x70.aml for the smartcard reader @1d180000, ist the following add ok ?
Code:
    "HUB1",
    Package (0x04)
    {
    "port-count",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    },

"ports",
    Package (0x0a) <---- 1st change length of table
    {
    "HP11",
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    },

"HP13",
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    },

"HP14",
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    },

"HP16",
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    },

"HP18", <---2nd change, insert the 18
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    }

}
    },

Last edited:
question: changing the SSDT-8x70.aml for the smartcard reader @1d180000, ist the following add ok ?
Code:
    "HUB1",
    Package (0x04)
    {
    "port-count",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    },

"ports",
    Package (0x0a) <---- 1st change length of table
    {
    "HP11",
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    },

"HP13",
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    },

"HP14",
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    },

"HP16",
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    },

"HP18", <---2nd change, insert the 18
    Package (0x02)
    {
    "port",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    }

}
    },

It is easier if you change the .asl file and use ./build.sh, but yes, you have the right idea.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

everything works well accept Mac Appstore......I am Using Pocket Wifi Via USB Cable......ANd Sometimes iPhone hotspot via lightning cable .....help please........I have attached all the files below.......I can't remember the steps I took when you first released this guide because that time when I installed OS X on my hp probook 450 g3 everything was working .....but now after a long time ... it showed mac App Store sign in error........please help me out.....

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Jitesh’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 99
  • kexts.zip
    467.5 KB · Views: 87
  • RehabMan.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
everything works well accept Mac Appstore......I am Using Pocket Wifi Via USB Cable......ANd Sometimes iPhone hotspot via lightning cable .....help please........I have attached all the files below.......I can't remember the steps I took when you first released this guide because that time when I installed OS X on my hp probook 450 g3 everything was working .....but now after a long time ... it showed mac App Store sign in error........please help me out.....

USB WiFi is not recommended.
See post #1 for recommended WiFi hardware.

But it looks like your issue is you disabled the Ethernet device. Re-enable it in BIOS. Then verify Ethernet is working and active.

You might want to check that other settings in BIOS are as per post #1 (nowhere in post #1 does it ask you to disable Ethernet).

Then reset network interfaces, such that Ethernet is en0.

To do that, go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.

USB WiFi is not recommended.
See post #1 for recommended WiFi hardware.

But it looks like your issue is you disabled the Ethernet device. Re-enable it in BIOS. Then verify Ethernet is working and active.

You might want to check that other settings in BIOS are as per post #1 (nowhere in post #1 does it ask you to disable Ethernet).

Then reset network interfaces, such that Ethernet is en0.

To do that, go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.

YOU KNOW WHAT.... you are just amazing Rehabman ..... you solved my issue of Mac AppStore...

My reply was to post #7379.
No attachment there.

The file is too large.
You probably attached entire EFI folder (including EFI/APPLE/etc) instead of just EFI/CLOVER.
Please read "Problem Reporting" files carefully.

yes, you're right, updated.

Attachments

• Required files.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back