Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
though increasing and decreasing brightness no longer "fades" like it does in windows or in previous versions, but not a big issue.

"fading" aka "smooth transitions":
- with IntelBacklight.kext you get smooth transitions with the brightness keys, but not on sleep/wake.
- with AppleBacklight.kext you get smooth transitions with sleep/wake, but not the brightness keys.

IntelBacklight.kext, of course, is not working with 10.12.4.
The default now for install_downloads.sh is to use AppleBacklight.kext with 10.12.x, and IntelBacklight.kext with older versions.

Hi tyraenor,

can you provide me your codecdump of 820 G3?

Kind Regards,
hectorox

Hi hectorox,

what is a codecdump and what is it needed for?

Kind regards

Ty

Check for hidden .metadata_never_index at the root of your system volume;
Code:
ls -a /

If it exists, delete it.
If it re-creates upon reboot, it is because your Clover is buggy. Update Clover.

Your ACPI files in ACPI/patched are not up-to-date with respect to the repo.
Your config.plist is from the beta branch, but not the ACPI files...
Make sure you have current beta branch, and run ./install_acpi.sh as per guide.

Thanks rehabman for your help.

But it cannot be true that the ACPI patches are old. I followed your guide word by word and selected the beta branch before running install_downloads and build. So if the ACPI patches are old then the files loaded by your scripts are old. I can do an update of the repo again and then put the patches in again and report. But again, if that will update the patches, the updates must have come between my post and now.

I'll let you know.

Thanks rehabman for your help.

But it cannot be true that the ACPI patches are old. I followed your guide word by word and selected the beta branch before running install_downloads and build.

You did not. If you had, you would have (for example) SSDT-EC_REG.aml in ACPI/patched. It is missing.

You did not. If you had, you would have (for example) SSDT-EC_REG.aml in ACPI/patched. It is missing.

Yes I did.
If you want that all users use the install scripts, then you should write that. What you wrote in the guide suggested me that I do not need to use the scripts as they are only to "make it easier".

You could copy them with Finder or you can use Terminal.

There are a number of install scripts provided in install_acpi.sh to make it easier to accomplish.

So if you're guide would have told me to use the scripts, as this is the only way to get all SSDTs needed, I would have done that. Instead I just copied all the SSDTs which you wrote are essential and added all I saw related to 820 G3.
I think you should make that more clear.

But anyway, battery is now working. So this is done. Thank you for your help and see it as constructive critics not as offensive, because that is what I intended with my writing.

It is a great guide besides the part I mentioned.

Cheers.

Yes I did.
If you want that all users use the install scripts, then you should write that. What you wrote in the guide suggested me that I do not need to use the scripts as they are only to "make it easier".

If you don't use the script, it is up to you to place the correct files in ACPI/patched.
That requires research (reading install_acpi.sh).

So if you're guide would have told me to use the scripts, as this is the only way to get all SSDTs needed, I would have done that.

It is not the only way, as you can copy them manually.
But then that requires research into finding out which SSDTs are required.

Instead I just copied all the SSDTs which you wrote are essential and added all I saw related to 820 G3.
I think you should make that more clear.

I will remove the part in post #1 that suggests normal users can copy them manually. DONE.
I thought it was pretty clear that the files listed were those required at a particular moment in time "As I write this, ".

And also:
Note: This list of files may change in the github without a change right away in the guide text above. You should always use install_acpi.sh to install the correct set of files (see below).

Guess not.

If you don't use the script, it is up to you to place the correct files in ACPI/patched.
That requires research (reading install_acpi.sh).

It is not the only way, as you can copy them manually.
But then that requires research into finding out which SSDTs are required.

I will remove the part in post #1 that suggests normal users can copy them manually. DONE.
I thought it was pretty clear that the files listed were those required at a particular moment in time "As I write this, ".

And also:

Guess not.

:thumbup:

What I now noticed is that sleep is not working anymore. Before I placed all correct SSDTs it worked. Now I get error sounds (like I would press keys where the OS does not expect them) and the notebook wakes immediately.

Should I post IOReg etc. again?

UPDATE:
Automatic sleep is working... Only lid close sleep produces this noises. Clicking on sleep just turns off the screen for 2 seconds and then it comes up again. If the sleep comes after timeout it works though.

UPDATE2:
Clicking sleep now works, too. Without changing anything. Lid close sleep still creates these noises.

Last edited:
After updating the clover, my trackpad stopped working.
Could you help me to correct that mistake?
The mouse works perfectly.
Thank's!!!

:thumbup:

What I now noticed is that sleep is not working anymore. Before I placed all correct SSDTs it worked. Now I get error sounds (like I would press keys where the OS does not expect them) and the notebook wakes immediately.

Should I post IOReg etc. again?

UPDATE:
Automatic sleep is working... Only lid close sleep produces this noises. Clicking on sleep just turns off the screen for 2 seconds and then it comes up again. If the sleep comes after timeout it works though.

UPDATE2:
Clicking sleep now works, too. Without changing anything. Lid close sleep still creates these noises.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

After updating the clover, my trackpad stopped working.
Could you help me to correct that mistake?
The mouse works perfectly.
Thank's!!!

Did you do EC reset?

If still not working...
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back