Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan
I'm just asking is it save to update from 10.2.3 to 10.2.4
thanks

Hi RehabMan
I'm just asking is it save to update from 10.2.3 to 10.2.4
thanks

If you update to the latest files in the 'beta' branch, it should be ok.
Also, you need to update Clover.
No guarantees of course.

Cannot seem to get battery status working, it stays as a X over the icon. I tried the auto terminal commands to download and install but it stays the same.

HP Probook 4540s
El Capitan

Cannot seem to get battery status working, it stays as a X over the icon. I tried the auto terminal commands to download and install but it stays the same.

HP Probook 4540s
El Capitan

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Laptop#0: HP EliteBook 850 G3 V1H16UT, i5-6200U Skylake, HD520 1920x1080, Bios 01.13, BCM943602BAED

I am noticing some issues with 10.12.4
1) Sleep when closing lid, laptop makes noise as if you are clicking on an invalid key continuously until you open lid. Sleep by menu or timeout no noise.
2) Sleep when not plugged in and waking up doesn't seem to detect power adapter being plugged in
3) brightness control keys give feedback of brightness changing but screen doesn't dim

Attachments

• ioreg_hp_850_g3.ioreg
    7.1 MB · Views: 91
  • RehabMan.zip
    71.4 KB · Views: 66
  • clover_20170403_850_g3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
Laptop#0: HP EliteBook 850 G3 V1H16UT, i5-6200U Skylake, HD520 1920x1080, Bios 01.13, BCM943602BAED

1) Sleep when closing lid, laptop makes noise as if you are clicking on an invalid key continuously until you open lid. Sleep by menu or timeout no noise.
2) Sleep when not plugged in and waking up doesn't seem to detect power adapter being plugged in
3) brightness control keys give feedback of brightness changing but screen doesn't dim

kextcache, kextstat, and AppleHDA info is missing.

kextcache, kextstat, and AppleHDA info is missing.
oops. I added report.txt.zip, not sure if that is the AppleHDA info

Attachments

• report.txt.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 69
  • ioreg_hp_850_g3.zip
    731.1 KB · Views: 68
  • RehabMan.zip
    71.4 KB · Views: 62
  • clover_20170403_850_g3.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
oops. I added report.txt.zip, not sure if that is the AppleHDA info

Brightness issue: You didn't run install_downloads.sh (or didn't update the repo before you did). Also, you didn't run install_acpi.sh with new github content (or forgot to ./build.sh, or forgot to update the repo).

For the other problem you mention, EC reset?

Brightness issue: You didn't run install_downloads.sh (or didn't update the repo before you did). Also, you didn't run install_acpi.sh with new github content (or forgot to ./build.sh, or forgot to update the repo).

For the other problem you mention, EC reset?

hmm. I think I updated, switched branch, then did the install/build and I should have updated after switching branches.
Stupid mistake, sorry for wasting your time.

I will try the EC reset and let you know.

hmm. I think I updated, switched branch, then did the install/build and I should have updated after switching branches.
Stupid mistake, sorry for wasting your time.

I will try the EC reset and let you know.

It will be easier when I merge 'beta' into 'master'.
More feedback from those using the beta branch would be helpful in making that happen sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back