Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you RehabMan for this excellent guide and all your work in the hackintosh community!

I used this guide to set-up a HP ProBook 450 G2 and absolutely everything works perfectly (except of course the finger print reader and the SD card reader). I tried the PBI first but that just made a mess of things, I'm sure since it has not been updated in a while, so I was very happy to find this guide.

The only one minor issue is that the WiFi indicator light is orange not white, but WiFi works perfectly. I replaced the stock wireless card with an AzureWave AW CE123H before I started for the best compatibility. I had to remove a few kexts after the install to get the laptop to work properly though. These I believe were unnecessary for my build.
  • CodecCommander.kext
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
  • IntelBacklight.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • IOath3kfrmwr.kext
  • ProBookAtheros.kext
All of the kext were installed into L/E which I thought was odd. I usually have all my kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other but it works so I won’t mess with it :thumbup:. I'm sure few of the other kexts that were installed may be unnecessary but again, it works!

The last thing to do is to figure out a proper serial number for a MacBookAir7,2. I don't think mine is proper.

I also have a question, what would be the benefit (or difference) in using a MacBookPro12,1 SMBIOS?

Again, thank you RehabMan!

Hi,
is half-mini PCIe wich is the best BCM94352hbm or BCM94360hbm?

Either will work. With the BCM94360HMB you will probably need to install new antennas in the laptop. It uses smaller connectors than BCM94352HMB and three antennas instead of only two.

The only one minor issue is that the WiFi indicator light is orange not white, but WiFi works perfectly. I replaced the stock wireless card with an AzureWave AW CE123H before I started for the best compatibility.

You might test it on Windows... For my 4540s, the WiFi light is working fine... (which only happens with this BCM card, not with Atheros).

I had to remove a few kexts after the install to get the laptop to work properly though. These I believe were unnecessary for my build.
  • CodecCommander.kext
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
  • IntelBacklight.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • IOath3kfrmwr.kext
  • ProBookAtheros.kext
No need to remove those kexts. Follow the guide as written.

Any kext that is not needed, simply will not start. Certain kexts you removed are required for things to work correctly (IntelBacklight.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, CodecCommander for certain laptops).

CodecCommander automatically disables itself provided you have the correct model specific SSDT.

A future release of the repo will require CodecCommander for all laptops.

All of the kext were installed into L/E which I thought was odd. I usually have all my kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other but it works so I won’t mess with it :thumbup:.

Not odd... it is the correct place to install kexts. Clover kext injection is only for the installer and recovery partition.

The last thing to do is to figure out a proper serial number for a MacBookAir7,2. I don't think mine is proper.

I also have a question, what would be the benefit (or difference) in using a MacBookPro12,1 SMBIOS?

Both are Broadwell. Your choice.

You might test it on Windows... For my 4540s, the WiFi light is working fine... (which only happens with this BCM card, not with Atheros).

The light does light up white when booted into Windows 10.

No need to remove those kexts. Follow the guide as written.

Since I replaced the stock WiFi/Bluetooth card (Intel 3160) with the Broadcom BCM4352 based AzureWave, I assume that I don’t need the Atheros kexts (IOath3kfrmwr.kext, ProBookAtheros.kext) and since the 450 G2 uses Realtek RTL8168 Ethernet, I don't need the IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Am I mistaken in some way?

Per your advice, I've put back CodecCommander and FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts.

I did find out one issue that I hadn't realized before. One of the USB 2.0 ports does not work (it does work booted into Windows 10). I will have to pull the data you need and send it to you later.

The light does light up white when booted into Windows 10.

You might try changing SSDT-XOSI.dsl to simulate Windows 10 (refer to the source... SSDT-XOSI.dsl).

Since I replaced the stock WiFi/Bluetooth card (Intel 3160) with the Broadcom BCM4352 based AzureWave, I assume that I don’t need the Atheros kexts (IOath3kfrmwr.kext, ProBookAtheros.kext) and since the 450 G2 uses Realtek RTL8168 Ethernet, I don't need the IntelMausiEthernet.kext. Am I mistaken in some way?

No need to delete kexts that aren't loading in the first place. There are many many kexts in /S/L/E (provided by Apple) that never load. This is basic IOKit matching stuff...

The set of kexts are carefully crafted to not load/start when not needed.

Per your advice, I've put back CodecCommander and FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts.

Also, IntelBacklight.kext needed for completely working backlight control.

I did find out one issue that I hadn't realized before. One of the USB 2.0 ports does not work (it does work booted into Windows 10). I will have to pull the data you need and send it to you later.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" and "USB customization".

I don't know what you mean.

i meant these kexts
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement_MacBookPro9.2
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro9.2

Altho am receiving errors while cache via terminal :

HSSDBlockStorage.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting
JMicronATA.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
JMB38X.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
USBXHCI_4x40s.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

Wrong. AppleHDA.kext must remain vanilla (except for the additional zml.zlib files that install_downloads.sh adds).

Run the OS X installer to restore your AppleHDA.kext.

i've reinstalled the update via combo but yet still same issue with audio.

i meant these kexts
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement_MacBookPro9.2
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro9.2

Those kexts are not needed. Remove them manually. I will see about adding code in install_download.sh to automatically remove these unneeded kexts.

Altho am receiving errors while cache via terminal :

HSSDBlockStorage.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting
JMicronATA.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
JMB38X.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
USBXHCI_4x40s.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

USBXHCI_4x40s.kext should not be installed.

Run ./install_downloads.sh to install correct kexts. If you still have damaged permissions, use "First Aid" in Disk Utility.

i've reinstalled the update via combo but yet still same issue with audio.

The combo update will not fix your damaged AppleHDA.kext.

You have to run the OS X installer itself, just as I wrote in post #1251.

Those kexts are not needed. Remove them manually. I will see about adding code in install_download.sh to automatically remove these unneeded kexts.

USBXHCI_4x40s.kext should not be installed.

Run ./install_downloads.sh to install correct kexts. If you still have damaged permissions, use "First Aid" in Disk Utility.

The combo update will not fix your damaged AppleHDA.kext.

You have to run the OS X installer itself, just as I wrote in post #1251.

Thanks rehabman but it seems i need fresh install, since 10.11 release didn't refresh :D, thanks for quick response, will tell if something goes wrong with fresh install.

Hello RehabMan, i Install with your Guide but the two USB 2.0 Ports, Bluetooth, WebCam are not working.
Look the attachments of the HP ProBook 450G2 L3Q24EA, i5-5200U, BCM94352HMB, BIOS 01.16: OS X 10.11.5

Hello RehabMan, i Install with your Guide but the two USB 2.0 Ports, Bluetooth, WebCam are not working.
Look the attachments of the HP ProBook 450G2 L3Q24EA, i5-5200U, BCM94352HMB, BIOS 01.16: OS X 10.11.5

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" (need all files, exactly as requested). Provide ioreg both with and without -uia_ignore_rmcf.

The ioreg "with -uia_ignore_rmcf" was not booted with -uia_ignore_rmcf.

8086:9cb1 (your XCHI controller) has only 15 ports. No need for the port limit patch.

Just a guess... this change might be needed:
Code:
SPEEDY-OSX:probook.git RehabMan$ git diff hotpatch/SSDT-USB.dsl
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-USB.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-USB.dsl
index 6ab18ae..ce7cd69 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-USB.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-USB.dsl
@@ -58,7 +58,7 @@ DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "usb", 0)
                 "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", Buffer() { 0x34, 0x08, 0, 0 },
             }
             // force USB2 on XHC if EHCI is disabled
-            If (CondRefOf(_SB.PCI0.RMD2))
+            If (CondRefOf(\_SB.PCI0.RMD2))
             {
                 CreateDWordField(DerefOf(Local0[1]), 0, PR2F)
                 PR2F = 0x3fff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back