Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I RehabMan,

I followed this tutorial 3 times but still can't get audio working and having restarts on wake every times.
Tried reboot without caches & rebuild cache.
My laptop is a 4730s & was running 10.11.5 installed with PBI.

Help me please

Attachments

• AppleHDA.txt.zip
    740 bytes · Views: 97
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 107
  • console.log.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 93
  • kextcache.txt.zip
    1 KB · Views: 75
  • kextstat.txt.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 80
  • RehabMan.zip
    57.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IoReg.zip
    445.3 KB · Views: 98
I RehabMan,

I followed this tutorial 3 times but still can't get audio working and having restarts on wake every times.
Tried reboot without caches & rebuild cache.
My laptop is a 4730s & was running 10.11.5 installed with PBI.

Help me please

You have both AppleHDA_ProBook.kext and AppleHDAHCD_ProBook.kext installed. It is wrong. Only AppleHDAHCD_ProBook.kext should be installed.

Your restart on wake may be caused by 3rd party drivers. Remove all such software. (eg. com.displaylink.driver.DisplayLinkDriver).

Also, test sleep only after fixing audio and remove all external devices when you test sleep (eg. all USB devices too).

Issue with audio after update to 10.11.5 and i also updated to this thread configuration from old thread nguyen guide.

edit : forgot to upload the files.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Issue with audio after update to 10.11.5 and i also updated to this thread configuration from old thread nguyen guide.

edit : forgot to upload the files.

These two files should not be installed (+ they are installed incorrectly):
Code:
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement_MacBookPro10_1.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro10_1.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

Audio setup looks fine. Make sure AppleHDA.kext is vanilla (other than the zml.zlib files) and make sure you rebuild cache per post #1.

Also note: Your EFI/Clover/kexts is incorrect. Only essential kexts (in kexts/Other) should exist. For your system, that is FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, and RealtekRTL8111.kext. Only.

These two files should not be installed (+ they are installed incorrectly):
Code:
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement_MacBookPro10_1.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin_MacBookPro10_1.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

Audio setup looks fine. Make sure AppleHDA.kext is vanilla (other than the zml.zlib files) and make sure you rebuild cache per post #1.

Also note: Your EFI/Clover/kexts is incorrect. Only essential kexts (in kexts/Other) should exist. For your system, that is FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, and RealtekRTL8111.kext. Only.

i've removed :
Code:

still receiving error for 9.2 kexts to omit
as for applehda kext there is one installed S/L/E should be vanilla and i installed the one you provided in the repo AppleHDA_ProBook.kext and renamed AppleHDA and installed in L/E. repaired cache nothing work yet

still receiving error for 9.2 kexts to omit

I don't know what you mean.

as for applehda kext there is one installed S/L/E should be vanilla and i installed the one you provided in the repo AppleHDA_ProBook.kext and renamed AppleHDA and installed in L/E. repaired cache nothing work yet

Wrong. AppleHDA.kext must remain vanilla (except for the additional zml.zlib files that install_downloads.sh adds).

Run the OS X installer to restore your AppleHDA.kext.

Hi Again Rehabman how can i backup from my osx ? and how can i restore that without destroy patches & repo ? backup from hack is Possible or not ?

Hi Rehabman,
I would like an advice on building my third hackintosh, is about an hp 430 g2 probook, i am in stage for buying the wifi hardware and I don't know what type of card to buy, what you recommend bcm94352hbm or bcm94360hbm? Also the laptop has m.2 slot which I would like to add one ssd to boot OS X from there.
Last thing, what is the best smbios for this probook,
Thank you.

Hi Again Rehabman how can i backup from my osx ?

What do you mean by "backup from my osx"?

and how can i restore that without destroy patches & repo ? backup from hack is Possible or not ?

What are you trying to restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back