Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,

Thank you for all your tips and tricks, I found it very useful. I managed to install Highsierra on my HP Envy 15-J078CA laptop. Everything seems to work fine but the brightness which is harsh and the colours which not very saturated. I am wondering if you could help me figure out what is the problem causing these issues. Thank you very much.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan,

first I want to thank You for Your awesome job You did here. Yours tutorials are always full of details and I know how much time it takes. So one more time - thank You :)

I have also problem with my laptop HP ENVY 15t-k000 CTO Notebook PC. Everything works perfect except USB 3.0. I can't force my laptop to see any usb3.0 pendrive, USB 2.0 works perfect. When I want to connect any pendrive USB3.0 to two ports - nothing happened. Only one port seems to "see" usb 3.0 pendrive but it shows problem with power. I think it is related with Your another guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/ but I could not get good results :( Please, help! I attached all files in one zip file. I'm using High Sierra.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 203
Hi RehabMan,

first I want to thank You for Your awesome job You did here. Yours tutorials are always full of details and I know how much time it takes. So one more time - thank You :)

I have also problem with my laptop HP ENVY 15t-k000 CTO Notebook PC. Everything works perfect except USB 3.0. I can't force my laptop to see any usb3.0 pendrive, USB 2.0 works perfect. When I want to connect any pendrive USB3.0 to two ports - nothing happened. Only one port seems to "see" usb 3.0 pendrive but it shows problem with power. I think it is related with Your another guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/ but I could not get good results :( Please, help! I attached all files in one zip file. I'm using High Sierra.

Your Envy has a different USB controller than other Envy K's have had.
We can add support for it to SSDT-HACK.aml, but you will need to go through the port discovery process.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
Reply with resulting ioreg after port discovery.

I hope I did it in proper way. IOreg after port discovery.

Attachments

• Lisu MacBook Pro after USB 2 and 3.zip
    656.7 KB · Views: 81
I hope I did it in proper way. IOreg after port discovery.

It appears you forgot to use the port limit patch... the resulting ioreg is inaccurate/unusable.

Yes, of course. My fault - here You have IOreg with limit port patch. I see that ENVY responded only for two usb port for USB 2.0 and respond for all 3 ports for USB 3.0.

Attachments

• Lisu MacBook Pro USB 2,3 PROPER.zip
    606.4 KB · Views: 87
Yes, of course. My fault - here You have IOreg with limit port patch. I see that ENVY responded only for two usb port for USB 2.0 and respond for all 3 ports for USB 3.0.

It appears you did not plug "Trans-it-drive" into each of your USB3 ports (you missed one).
Also, bluetooth hardware is missing? Maybe fast boot is enabled, contrary to the guide?

No, I did not missed this port. It just not working now with USB2.0 Pendrive. You have also right about bluetooth but it I don't know why it stops working. It works before. Maybe it is related with my update 10.13.2 which I have posted today morning. I belive I do not have using fast boot - just simply Clover which I can change options etc.

No, I did not missed this port. It just not working now with USB2.0 Pendrive. You have also right about bluetooth but it I don't know why it stops working. It works before. Maybe it is related with my update 10.13.2 which I have posted today morning. I belive I do not have using fast boot - just simply Clover which I can change options etc.

Check that you have the latest BIOS installed.
Check important BIOS settings as per guide (reset BIOS to defaults, change settings as per guide)
Check your USB related BIOS settings. If you have an option for "xHCI"=Enabled, use it as it will put everything on XHC and likely disable the EHCI controllers.
Check BIOS settings for bluetooth.
Do EC reset.
Make sure you're doing a cold boot.

Nothing can be done regarding USB configuration until you provide an ioreg that shows everything working.

I have checked my BIOS and .. there is nothing I can set. 1 page, nothing more. Check link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ISbjyvPed3Lumv9xfXya7fyyu3oWts33.
Anyway, I'm sure bluetooth was working at morning so I decide to remove -uia_ignore_rmcf flag from clover boot options and viola - bluetooth is alive now. I don't know how important this flag is but it seems IOreg see all 3 ports with usb2/3.

Attachments

• Lisu’s MacBook Pro V3.zip
    629.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back