Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cannot find ioregistry attached to the post
here is everything else you require
i tried updating to high sierra but was not successful, now my sierra is very sluggish in refreshing etc
hope you can check it out
thanks

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 172

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    617.8 KB · Views: 179
You have a some garbage installed:
com.squirrels.airparrot.framebuffer
com.squirrels.driver.AirParrotSpeakers

Also, Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports.
See FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

ok what do you mean by hooking my USB ports, so i know where to look on that FAQ page

and also how do i remove airporrot?

edit: fixed the hooking USB ports, thank you
just dont know how to remove the two airporrot garbage

Hi RehabMan,If I upgraded the RAM of my HP from 8 to 16 GB, could a compatibility problem arise?
I am currently at 10.12.6 with everything functional.

Hi RehabMan,If I upgraded the RAM of my HP from 8 to 16 GB, could a compatibility problem arise?
I am currently at 10.12.6 with everything functional.

You should refer to the HP maintenance/service guide to see if it is compatible with 16GB RAM.
If you followed this guide, there should be nothing to do, since it uses ACPI hotpatch.

Installed High Sierra on a HP Envy k111nl following carefully your guide

I had to patch DSDT as suggested by you Rehabman in the Clover guide to let the installer boot:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

I've found the following ACPI path "\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP" and compiled the aml spoof sucessfully! I also had to enable the _DSM -> XDSM patch in config.plist as my native ACPI had an existing _DSM method at that path.

In the installer i had to erase the first time the internal drive from terminal using:
"diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ Test /dev/{disk identifier}"
Because UtilityDisk GUI didn't let me do that reporting errors about "Not enough disk space" (I was just trying to re-initialize the disk)

After that UtilityDisk worked correctly to manage partitions and installer recognized the HFS+ partition as a valid install point. (Maybe the disk had a wrong/unsopported partition table?)

Until now all is ok! Thanks!

Hi Rehabman,

Thank you for all your tips and tricks, I found it very useful. I managed to install Highsierra on my HP Envy 15-J078CA laptop. Everything seems to work fine but the brightness which is harsh and the colours which not very saturated. I am wondering if you could help me figure out what is the problem causing these issues. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back