Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck again. Boots fine from Clover on USB installer. Won't boot from hard drive.
Attached is contents from EFI/Clover/ on Mojave SSD drive.

EDIT: I deleted the config.plist from EFI/Clover, and copied over the unedited version from Sniki's repo. The only thing that I had previously changed from Sniki's version was RT Variable and SMBIOS to iMac 13,2. Something about this was preventing booting. With the config.plist as supplied, it will boot from the hard drive.

Attachments

• IMG_9928.JPG
    IMG_9928.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@certainReasons not looked thru all your debug but the bootlog shows
Code:
41:534  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext (v.1800)
41:543  0:009  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\EFICheckDisabler.kext (v.0.5)
41:545  0:002  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\USBInjectAll.kext (v.0.7.1)
41:569  0:023  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.2.4)
41:577  0:008  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IntelMausiEthernet.kext (v.2.4.1d1)
41:582  0:005  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.3.3)
41:624  0:041  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.8)
41:630  0:005  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13
41:630  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\FakeSMC.kext (v.1800)
41:631  0:001  Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\FakeSMC.kext
41:631  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\EFICheckDisabler.kext (v.0.5)
41:631  0:000  Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\EFICheckDisabler.kext
41:631  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\USBInjectAll.kext (v.0.7.1)
41:631  0:000  Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\USBInjectAll.kext
41:631  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.2.4)
41:631  0:000  Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\WhateverGreen.kext
41:631  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\IntelMausiEthernet.kext (v.2.4.1d1)
41:631  0:000  Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\IntelMausiEthernet.kext
41:631  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\AppleALC.kext (v.1.3.3)
41:631  0:000  Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\AppleALC.kext
41:631  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\Lilu.kext (v.1.2.8)
41:631  0:000  Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\Lilu.kext

I think this buiild shows all but FakeSMC should be in \Library\Extensions and if they are duplicates and in both places then errors are likely.

@certainReasons @nicksoph
It looks to me like the install of Clover from Sniki's guide was done after/over another Clover install, as the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\ folder shouldn't be there. The kexts should be in EFI\Clover\kexts\Other\ as well as [mac install drive]\Library\Extensions\ per Sniki guide.
I would mount the EFI partition, and drill down to the \Clover\kexts\ folder and delete 10.13, or at least delete the kexts that reside there that are duplicated from \Other

Now the question is should the Mac Mini SMBIOS be used as the best choice?
For the HS/Mojave guide by Sniki yes, Mac Mini 6,1 is the best choice. It's already in the config.plist he provided. It is related to how USB ports work in the Mac mini as opposed to an iMac. Use 6,1 for correct USB port implementation.

It looks to me like the install of Clover from Sniki's guide was done after/over another Clover install, as the EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\ folder shouldn't be there.

This is why it's always best to use this guide as a clean/fresh install only, otherwise these kinds of issues are certain to come up. We tried to emphasize that in post #1. Maybe we should put it in large red letters ?

If the guide is followed to the letter it works well. I've done another install, this time High Sierra. I want to see if there are less console errors than Mojave, or the same. High Sierra with Sniki's method boots faster than High Sierra installed with Unibeast/Multibeast, and about the same speed as Mojave. With both OS versions, rear sound line out and internal speaker worked with base Sniki install.

Update: 2 of the 3 PCI slots in my 8300 MT recognize my audio sound card, with both High Sierra and Mojave. The top slot doesn't appear to be functional, but the lower 2 are. Now, the kext driver for my card doesn't seem to be working, or is conflicting with other parts of the audio in this install. But the ports do recognize the card.

Now, the kext driver for my card doesn't seem to be working
What kext ? Where did you download it from ? What is the model and make of sound card ?

What kext ? Where did you download it from ? What is the model and make of sound card ?
I have an ESI Juli@ (that's how they spell it) sound card. Downloaded v2.5 of their install .dmg (which includes the kext) as well as v3.0 which is old but most recent. v2.5 is what worked in El Capitan on my prior build. If any of the debug methods will help, let me know which ones and I'll run and post output. Thanks, as always.

EDIT [SOLVED!!]
I'm an idiot. I had to go in to Audio Midi setup and select the sound card S/PDIF output for it to work. Updated to v3.0 (2.5 wouldn't work), set up the audio device in Audio Midi and its working!!

Last edited:
I have an ESI Juli@ (that's how they spell it) sound card. Downloaded v2.5 of their install .dmg (which includes the kext) as well as v3.0 which is old but most recent. v2.5 is what worked in El Capitan on my prior build. If any of the debug methods will help, let me know which ones and I'll run and post output. Thanks, as always.
At the Clover Boot menu press F2 and F4 keys, then boot from your macOS boot drive. Run the script to generate PR files. Then zip up the folder and attach here.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Stuck again. Boots fine from Clover on USB installer. Won't boot from hard drive.
Attached is contents from EFI/Clover/ on Mojave SSD drive.

EDIT: I deleted the config.plist from EFI/Clover, and copied over the unedited version from Sniki's repo. The only thing that I had previously changed from Sniki's version was RT Variable and SMBIOS to iMac 13,2. Something about this was preventing booting. With the config.plist as supplied, it will boot from the hard drive.
the ports do recognize the card.
It's what you would expect when you don't follow the guide completely, everything is set up to be used together as it is.
iMac 13,x is not suitable for hackintosh, it's the best matching one, but iMac 13,x SMBIOS has custom ports injected for that specific mac hardware which do cause issues and doesn't allow to implement USB Ports correctly.
Mac Mini 6,1 for i5 models and Mac Mini 6,2 for i7 (both can work the opposite to, just personal choice)
Yes ports may work OOB 2.0 and 3.0 on many machines but it's wrong without usb implemented correctly, imagine having all of your data on a External HDD that you backed up and you plug it in your hackintosh and then suddenly the pop up message "This HDD is not readable/ This HDD is not formatted" appears ?
Im sure none of you want that nightmare, neither do i :D

So yes Mac mini 6,1 should be used for correct usb port implementation. (it doesn't have a single negative side effect opposed to 13,1 or 13,1 iMac SMBIOS). It just has advantages regarding usb implementation.
Update: 2 of the 3 PCI slots in my 8300 MT recognize my audio sound card, with both High Sierra and Mojave. The top slot doesn't appear to be functional, but the lower 2 are. Now, the kext driver for my card doesn't seem to be working, or is conflicting with other parts of the audio in this install. But the ports do recognize the card.
Good, can you post Problem Reporting files in two variants for this ?

Post v1 with card attached into one of the working slots

Post v2 with the card attached into the port that isn't working.
i will take a look and see where the problem is.

Thanks for posting this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back