Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

after disconnecting gt710, launched the installation through vga on the motherboard, issued such an error. there is no display port HDMI adapter, one of these days I will try to buy
in your image, you have a serial port enabled, that will need to be disabled in your BIOS

in your image, you have a serial port enabled, that will need to be disabled in your BIOS
This is the problem, the serial port is turned off in the BIOS, but the mac sees it turned on.

Thanks a lot. Using the displayport - vga adapter, I was able to successfully install and launch macos Catalina. There is still a problem by default, the gt710 card does not start, is there a kext for it?
Drivers for the GT 710 are native, meaning they're already in Mac OS. Should work OOB if everything else in your config.plist is correct.

after disconnecting gt710, launched the installation through vga on the motherboard, issued such an error. there is no display port HDMI adapter, one of these days I will try to buy
there's an error message that your SSDT.aml for power management is corrupted.
try removing it from ACPI patched.

Drivers for the GT 710 are native, meaning they're already in Mac OS. Should work OOB if everything else in your config.plist is correct.
Thank you all very much. Installed mac os Catalina all started except 1 monitor that connects via vga. If I connect it to the motherboard to Displayport, it still doesn't start. Is it possible to make it work and nvidia gt710 and intel hd4000 together? Or maybe it can be done in Mojave?

all started except 1 monitor that connects via vga.
Why try to use VGA in 2020 ? It's an outdated technology. Use HDMI instead. Monitors are cheap. Apple abandoned VGA, analog video over ten years ago.
Is it possible to make it work and nvidia gt710 and intel hd4000 together?
Yes, it's possible if you are using the correct ig-platform-id and have integrated graphics enabled in the BIOS. ig-platform-id 0A006601 is what should be in Devices->Properties when you open your config.plist in CC. Have a look to make sure that is there.

Last edited:
Does this absolutely have to have UEFI Only in BIOS (Legacy Support Disabled)?

My Windows is Legacy Boot as the SSD for Windows has AROS (another OS which only supports MBR partitioned drives)

If I do have BIOS set to UEFI only will Clover still be able to boot Windows & AROS?

You can leave legacy support on if you'd like.

I'll try that later when I have it worked.

For now I have gone through the whole install process on my 3.08 BIOS HP 6300 MT with Catalina 10.15.4 (noting that the VirtualSMC.efi isn't in latest release - you need to DL the 1.09 release to find that)

I have one difference from standard, I have a (compatible I think?) Radeon RX570 installed.

I get kernel panic. I can't gather my Clover config but its all pretty generic following the guide. My sig is current and shows i7 3770 with HD4000 Plist. My BIOS has the IGP enabled as well as the dGPU and Primary is set to dGPU. I really don't care if I have to disable IGP (I tried with that too).

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Back