Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

What SMBIOS

If you are using MacPro 5,1 or older try the newer 6,1 from 2013 instead. The 2013 MP has dual AMD FirePro graphics cards so that is probably the better fit.

SMBIOS was MacMini 6,1
I tried to change to MacPro 6,1 (2013) but same problem.

SMBIOS was MacMini 6,1
I tried to change to MacPro 6,1 (2013) but same problem.
I would try posting in the Graphics forum to see if anyone there has ideas for how to fix this.

I was just checking prices on used MP 6,1 trashacan Macs on Ebay and the average price for the 6 core Xeon model is still an overpriced $2199 USD. Anyone in their right mind would buy a new 6 core 5K iMac instead for about the same price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Mac-...4GB-Memory-1TB-SSD-Dual-D300-4GB/303554405026

Here's what you get for the same price right now direct from Apple. You get a 7 years newer 10th gen 6 core Intel i5. Much better Radeon Pro graphics. You can easily upgrade the ram yourself and save more money. The keyboard and Magic mouse are included too as a nice bonus you won't get with a 6,1 MP. Brand new 5K Retina display. What more needs to be said ?

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Last edited:
削除依頼

Last edited:
@BillyGoatGruff
Thank you for reply, My card does not have a usb header like ur's ( yours is on left side of the PCIe adaptor), Mine is on the right side with no connectors, just headers to solder, which I bought when I did my first ever project, thanks for @trs96 guide, followed by @Sniki 's guide. I was happy then just to have wifi, never bothered with bluetooth then, used asus dongle. Recently thought to dual boot , hence the need for Bluetooth at clover login. Thanks for confirming that apple keyboard works !

@trs96 I wud get my soldering iron out, and give it a go
Guys, got the soldering iron out
Can confirm CD94360 works like charm, apple bluetooth keyboard works in bios & at Clover prompt to switch OS
I had to reinstall the OS for bluetooth to be recognised, now bluetooth/ wifi work great
Very Happy, Thanks Guys

Hi guys,
I hope that it is okay to ask for a helping hand using opencore for an HP Elite 8300 USFF with both DP ports and a swapped cpu (HD4000). I have desperately tried to find opencore threads but I can't get help. I'm aware of the fact this thread reads "clover". But I have found some links hinting at opencore here. TIA

You can not get HDMI Audio Working becuase there is no HDMI on the HP 6300/8300 Series of PCs. Do you mean DisplayPort
Yes - sorry - I am using a DP to HDMI adapter. Do you think it is possible? (It used to be using clover.) But I am also open for other solutions. Thank you so much and sorry for my delayed reply. My first attempt of OpenCore for 10.15.7 on an 8300 USFF

Attachments

• OC_0.6.2.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
I have desperately tried to find opencore threads but I can't get help. I'm aware of the fact this thread reads "clover". But I have found some links hinting at opencore here.
The OP has stated there will be an OpenCore guide for the 8300 posted after the GM comes out. It will use OC 0.6.3 so be looking for that.
Didn’t go through all the posts but i just want to tell all of you that OpenCore Guide is coming very soon

Back