Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not always a sure thing just to look at core counts. I don't think that this is Polaris 21
such as the RX 560 is. If it says Polaris 12 then it's a Lexa GPU which is not supported.

If you look at the power consumption (40W) that's another sign it's not the same as a 560.

Should the power consumption be higher or lower for a Polaris 21 core?

Here it is listed with a Polaris 21, but still 40W: AliExpress

Here's why I would avoid buying that Yeston Card no matter what claims they make.

Look at all the 550s on Newegg. https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=RX+550+

Not a single one has a VGA connection. There are no RX 560s that still have a VGA port.

In a Hackintosh the GPU port layout matters. If it's not reference for the card it's going to create trouble with your hack. After looking at that you ask what Vbios does it use ? Is that even going to work if it's really a Polaris 21 card ?

Don't buy this to use with macOS. Windows 10 should have no problems with it.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

The only 550 that might work would be MSI branded and be using an RX 480 graphics core. I've not tested one or heard of anyone who has. If someone does please report back here whether or not it works.

Last edited:
Should the power consumption be higher or lower for a Polaris 21 core?

Here it is listed with a Polaris 21, but still 40W: AliExpress
HP8300 / 6300 users around the world are paying attention to your behavior to see if the brand RX550 that nobody has ever heard of YESTON will work with Hp8300.
Please read AliExpress's return procedure carefully before purchasing and reporting if it works.
AliExpress will not credit the recipient for up to 50 days until you receive and contact us.

HP8300 / 6300 users around the world are paying attention to your behavior to see if the brand RX550 that nobody has ever heard of YESTON will work with Hp8300.
My advice for all HP 8300 SFF owners that still use Nvidia graphics.
Yes, I know it's a bummer to be stuck at High Sierra now that Catalina is out. You should still wait a little more to upgrade. Don't spend hundreds of dollars on an RX 560 just to be able to run the latest macOS. Eventually there will be Navi based low profile cards that will blow away the performance of the 560. They should cost even less than the 560 is selling for right now. Look at the performance of the Navi based graphics in the new 16" Macbook Pros and you'll see why it's a good idea to just wait. Even though the wait is the hardest part.

There will be a dedicated LP card similar to either the 7nm 5300M or 5500M that will work with Catalina. Look at the performance.

MSI is already selling a laptop that has the 5500M graphics. It's called the Alpha 15.
It will use the new AMD Radeon RX 5500M graphics processor (GPU) with 4GB of GDDR6 VRAM.

If history is any indicator they will eventually release good LP discrete graphics card version of this in 2020.

Here's the 1080p gaming framerates you can get with the lower power mobile version (the AMD RX 5500M) in the MSI Alpha 15 laptop. Pretty amazing considering the relatively low price these laptops sell for. Less than half the cost of new 16" MBPs with the same graphics chip in them.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
There will be a dedicated LP card similar to either the 7nm 5300M or 5500M that will work with Catalina. Look at the performance.
That would be a brilliant solution for an HP 8300 SFF! Decent size, decent power consumption, decent performance, decent price, brand new architecture.

Last edited:
I have to upgrade my adobe software for work, to do this I need at least Mojave, to do that I need a supported graphic card. Therefore, I'm going to downgrade from the 1050ti, install the cheapo MSI GT 710 and wait out on an improved LP card in 2020. Guess I might as well sell the 1050ti.

Guess I might as well sell the 1050ti.

I did!, for a good price too!. Have you tried the Affinity Apps?. As good as Adobe has to offer without the monthly fee. And also on sale up to Black Friday, 30% off I think.

It doesn't seem to support 4K because it is exclusively for Full HD, but I don't care because I don't have a 4K monitor.
Navi14 is already compatible (see below), so the performance of RX570 or better is definitely recommended.

I succesfully installed Mojave using this guide with Mojave versions of UniBeast and Multibeast ;). I installed Mojave on my hard disk.

Now i want to install Mojave on my SSD and dual boot with windows 10 on my Hard disk. Should i prevent APFs conversion of my SSD ?

Thanks

Should i prevent APFs conversion of my SSD ?
Mojave will not let you do that anymore as you could in High Sierra. Also updates won't work if you use HFS+ anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back