Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojave will not let you do that anymore as you could in High Sierra. Also updates won't work if you use HFS+ anyway.

Mojave did not converted my hard disk into APFs. can you tell me why were we preventing APF's conversion previously?

Mojave did not converted my hard disk into APFs. can you tell me why were we preventing APF's conversion previously?
It was optional for those that didn't want APFS in High Sierra. Did you do an in place upgrade to Mojave or a clean install ?

It was optional for those that didn't want APFS in High Sierra. Did you do an in place upgrade to Mojave or a clean install ?

Clean install of Mojave using my newly bought Quadro k600.

Mojave did not converted my hard disk into APFs
Go to System Infromation -> Storage and post a screenshot of what you see there under Mojave.

If you've installed Mojave to an SSD it's better to be using APFS vs. HFS+. HFS+ is better to use with HDDs as APFS really slows down the performance of mechanical drives.

Ok. It Says APFs. But it was showing HFS on clover bootloader so i thought it was HFS. No worries.

So, i don't need to do any thing extra while installing to SSD. i should follow the same steps that i used for installing mojave on my HDD, right ?

Thanks for your valuable time. Much appreciated :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 1398-09-06 at 7.57.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 1398-09-06 at 7.57.53 PM.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 71
SO I can upgrade to Mojave later I'm trying to drop upgrade my GPU from 1050ti to GT710. I hoped it would be as easy as plug and play but when I rebooted mac os loaded into a blank screen with mouse pointer only. What setting do I need to change to get the GT710 working please?

SO I can upgrade to Mojave later I'm trying to drop upgrade my GPU from 1050ti to GT710. I hoped it would be as easy as plug and play but when I rebooted mac os loaded into a blank screen with mouse pointer only. What setting do I need to change to get the GT710 working please?
Did you uninstall the web drivers before you put in the 710 ?

I'll try that.

Thanks worked. Tomorrow I'll try to update the os. Ideally, if its not to complex I'd like to update it to Catalina. What guide do you recommend, please.

Last edited:
I'll try that.

Thanks worked. Tomorrow I'll try to update the os. Ideally, if its not to complex I'd like to update it to Catalina. What guide do you recommend, please.
I would wait till the .3 update of Catalina. Some things still don't work right on 10.15.1 so wait a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back