Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to update to at least Mojave so I can update adobe suite

I need to update to at least Mojave so I can update adobe suite
Stay with Mojave then. Everything works just fine. The only advantages of Catalina are Sidecar, Apple TV + and Apple Podcasts. Not really important stuff to have on your hack.

I'm running Sierra at present but need at least mojave to run 2020 adobe suite app. thanks

Hi @trs96 ,

I tried to install Mojave on SSD but it is stuck at clover bootloader "Scan Entries". Any idea how to trouble shoot this ? Details are below.

I booted successfully from Mojave Installer, formatted my SSD according to instructions and initiated Install. computer restarted and then i selected "Boot from Install Mac OS Mojave" (on right side, booting from SSD).

Successfully Booted From Install Mac OS Mojave. setup continued for some minutes. Then it restarted again and now i am stuck at clover bootloader "scan from entries".

Any idea what might be causing this and how can i resolve this ?

Thanks for your help

Hi @trs96. I've been trying to update my BIOS on my HP 6300 to 2.99, But when I flash the BIOS using the USB method, after updating I'm not able to enter BIOS again. Pressing the the various F keys does nothing, pressing escape key does nothing either, the computer just doesn't start or wake. I've replaced the motherboard twice now and I still get the same thing happening. Is 2.99 broken?.

Hi @trs96. I've been trying to update my BIOS on my HP 6300 to 2.99, But when I flash the BIOS using the USB method, after updating I'm not able to enter BIOS again. Pressing the the various F keys does nothing, pressing escape key does nothing either, the computer just doesn't start or wake. I've replaced the motherboard twice now and I still get the same thing happening. Is 2.99 broken?.
Maybe try flashing to the newest 3.08 and see if that fixes it. You are using the .BIN file on a FAT 32 USB correct ?

You are using the .BIN file on a FAT 32 USB correct ?
That’s right, as described in post#1. Just connected another hard with Windows on and it starts up. But there seems to be no way to get to BIOS. If I press the F9-12 keys the computer just doesn’t start.
Update: Flashing to 3.08 now within Windows, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Flashing to 3.08 now within Windows, fingers crossed.
After flashing. Remember to load optimized defaults, save and reboot then make all the required BIOS changes again.

Hmm.. Very strange, updating to 3.08 didn't make any difference. I got the new HP 6300 SFF mobo this morning, I attached my Kingspec NVMe and Clover USB and started it up. I could access the BIOS at first it was version 2.15, set to defaults and saved, made the BIOS changes and booted into Clover Boot Manager. I have Mojave installed on this machine and it booted first time. I then shut it down so I could update the BIOS, copied the .BIN file to my newly created FAT32 USB drive and and installed it via BIOS. Cant get into BIOS anymore, no access and nothing boots!. Same thing happened to the last mobo too, once I installed 2.99 I got locked out of BIOS. Windows will still start funnily enough, just no access to BIOS.

Windows will still start funnily enough, just no access to BIOS.
This is a wild guess, but maybe your keyboard's F10 key fails to register a keystroke when you are pressing it at boot up.
What happens if you pres ESC key at boot up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back