Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello guys, is anyone having the same problem as me ? i am trying to install High Sierra using Unibeast ...bios 2.29 (HP6200 PRO/ i5 2400 / integrated graphics -INTEL HD2000 / hdd 500 gb 7200 rpm / 8gb DDR3 ) - it is booting in clover , slecting the proper installer , showing mac icon for 30 second then restart . it is not even going to first step :( / tried a 10000000 times , i think i will throw my pc over the window.... please help

I am now a happy newbie...:)
follow the guide above, and I am able to complete the 'macos High Sierra' download, follow by creating bootable USB flash with UniBeast 8.3.2. I saw the UniBeast showing 8.3.1 but read somewhere in the forum that it has already known.

Took a long break, now continue the journey of trying to install High Sierra onto HP8200 with GT210 graphic card.

Following the steps:

For a new installation of macOS, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing.
a. In the top menu bar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility
b. Highlight your target drive for the Sierra installation in left column.
c. Click Erase button
d. For Name: type Sierra (You can rename it later)
e. For Format: choose OS X Extended (Journaled)
f. For Scheme: choose GUID Partition Map
g. Click Erase
h. Close Disk Utility

When the installer asks you where to install, choose Sierra. Wait about 20-30 minutes for the install to complete.
d. Reboot and select the HFS drive icon at the Clover bootloader screen. Finish the setup of macOS Sierra.

However, upon selecting the hard disk to install, the installer took a quick 2 minutes to copy files into hard disk, when it reboots, there is only one selection which is ÉXTERNAL, no High Sierra hard disk icon appears thus I cannot proceed on step d.

Please help point to what is wrong and what to do next.
Thanks.

@wayne1127
When you were in Disk Utility did you first select "Show all Devices" ?

Then you must select the Hard Drive itself not a partition. In the example below WDC is the drive. UNTITLED is the partition.

Then you Select Erase etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 20.jpg
    Screen Shot 20.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Screen Shot 21.jpg
    Screen Shot 21.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Yes, I did it the way you described.

I would boot from the HS Unibeast installer and reformat again and give it another try.

Are you certain you made a Legacy Unibeast installer ? Not UEFI ?

Last edited:
I would boot from the HS Unibeast installer and reformat again and give it another try.

Are you certain you made a Legacy Unibeast installer ? Not UEFI ?

Yes, I am very certain I chose Legacy Unibeast Installer, Not UEFI.
I slowly performed the same procedure of making bootable USB stick with Unibeast 8.3.2, the same thing happened..

Yes, I am very certain I chose Legacy Unibeast Installer, Not UEFI.
I slowly performed the same procedure of making bootable USB stick with Unibeast 8.3.2, the same thing happened..

Could you try the install on a different hard drive and see what happens ? I used the exact same hardware that you have for the install, except that my 210 was from Asus. That shouldn't cause any problems with the install to the drive.

Could you try the install on a different hard drive and see what happens ? I used the exact same hardware that you have for the install, except that my 210 was from Asus. That shouldn't cause any problems with the install to the drive.

Actually I am doing that before reading your reply.
This time, yes, the internal high sierra hdd showed up after first automatic reboot, on seeing that I choose the internal high sierra hdd and now I come to another issue:

The screen showedL

macos could not be installed on your computer

An error occured while loading the installer resources.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again..

so I am going to follow that instruction to see what happen.

Edit: Tried two more times, same issue.

Please help on what else to do. Thanks.

Last edited:
At long last, I have High Sierra installed on HP8200 and this post is typed with it running.

I am happy :) because this is my very first 'semi-working' hackintosh.

Thanks trs96 for the detailed steps and the rest who posted various fixes that helped me come to this stage.

The issue I suspect gave me the earlier error either my downloading of HS was corrupted or the I did not follow properly on the steps to 'assemble the HS files via command lines. I also took out DVD cables and another HDD cable to simplify troubleshooting, I shall put back the DVD cable and second HDD cable and see what happen after reboot.

also, for knowledge purpose I shall also tried the first hard disk that fail to install.

I have not run Multibeast yet.
For a quick test, I shutdown and restart.
1. Restart OK, surely have to boot from the "install macOS High Sierra" USB stick.
2. Ethernet OK else cannot send this post.
3. No sound, I think expected
4. Cannot sleep, unlike the El Capitan which can put it to sleep and wake it.

Going to read a bit more on how to run Multibeast and make proper selection so that I can have sound, sleep and so on.

Any help is highly appreciated on what to look out for on running and setting up with Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back