Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
my high sierra 8200 has been working well, but i need to update to catalina/big sur or similar more recent OS versions. i can post whatever is needed about my current system, i just don't know what the current( 2022) install/upgrade paths are for catalina / big sur/ etc

i'm finding lots of old (2-4 years old) tutorials for high sierra, but nothing for catalina/big sur ?

i'm finding lots of old (2-4 years old) tutorials for high sierra, but nothing for catalina/big sur ?
I sold my 8200 many years ago. There are better options now if you want to run Big Sur or even Monterey eventually. The Dell 7020's and 9020s are a much more capable of running a newer macOS version and don't cost much money.

If you're really short on money, then get the Optiplex 3020. Works great with the HD4600 iGPU, fully supported. You can also keep using your GT 710 with an Optiplex 3020 too. Has support through Big Sur.

Last edited:
Your Profile says it's 8300. Are you sure it's an 8200 ?

I have 3 of these, sorry i forgot which was which.... yes i'm curretnly using the 8200... with a ' 2 ' . :)

I sold my 8200 many years ago. There are better options now if you want to run Big Sur or even Monterey eventually. The Dell 7020's and 9020s are a much more capable of running a newer macOS version and don't cost much money.

If you're really short on money, then get the Optiplex 3020. Works great with the HD4600 iGPU, fully supported. You can also keep using your GT 710 with an Optiplex 3020 too. Has support through Big Sur.

I picked up a dell 7010 at the thrift store last summer for $11 or so... is the 7010 as usable for hackintosh as the 7020 ?

I picked up a dell 7010 at the thrift store last summer for $11 or so... is the 7010 as usable for hackintosh as the 7020 ?
Yes, there is a guide for that for Catalina. Some people have also gotten Big Sur to work with HD4000 iGPU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back