Register

[Guide] High Sierra on HP Spectre x360 8th Gen Coffee Lake

Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 Dark Ash Silver 13.3-Clover
CPU
i7 8550u / HP 83B9
Graphics
UHD 620
Yes they are however as you can see in my EFI Zip folder there was XHCI unsupported.kext that was present. Now I have removed it and I will try again. Yes Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext is there also. There is also that nv_disable=1 that is checked in the options should it be unchecked ?

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 827F
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
GeForce MX150+HD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Yes they are however as you can see in my EFI Zip folder there was XHCI unsupported.kext that was present. Now I have removed it and I will try again. Yes Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext is there also. There is also that nvdisable=1 that is checked in the options should it be unchecked ?
Just compared my config.plist to yours. One other thing I saw that may play a factor here: Both IntelGFX and ig-platform-id are currently commented out; remove the hashtags from in front of each.

Motherboard
CPU
i7 8550u / HP 83B9
Graphics
UHD 620
I've replaced my config.plist with yours and to my surprise Mac OS is installing !!! Thank you so much !!!!

Motherboard
Spectre x360 13-AE011DX-Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
iOS
I didn't have an issues, it works as is laid out in the guide. One thing I'll say is that the touchscreen works on this device without having to dive into GPIO changes, so it's significantly less painful than with other devices—and will help you avoid the headaches mentioned.

Jaymonkey's guide is worth a look. He's on a prior-gen version of the Spectre, but the installation process is exactly the same.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-spectre-x360-15-2017-i2c-touchscreen-and-pen-working-in-osx.246052/
Ahh, I got it working! But only touch, no pen action. Shouldn't they both work if one is working?

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7 8550u / HP 83B9
Graphics
UHD 620
Now I think part of SSDt and DSDT are working. The battery indicator now shows 100% instead of 0%. I am having issues to make my graphics work every time I have to uncheck the option (inject intel graphics) on clover so macOS won't hang on startup. I am also stuck in 1280x1024. Sleep won't work also probably because graphics drivers. Waiting for your help!
Thank you !

Motherboard
HP 827F
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
GeForce MX150+HD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Ahh, I got it working! But only touch, no pen action. Shouldn't they both work if one is working?
That's a good question—one I don't know the answer to, sadly. I'd ask for help in the thread. (FWIW, I just tried my pen, which I rarely use, and it worked.) I know I've had my ins and outs on that.

Motherboard
HP 827F
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
GeForce MX150+HD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Now I think part of SSDt and DSDT are working. The battery indicator now shows 100% instead of 0%. I am having issues to make my graphics work every time I have to uncheck the option (inject intel graphics) on clover so macOS won't hang on startup. I am also stuck in 1280x1024. Sleep won't work also probably because graphics drivers. Waiting for your help!
Thank you !
Is it still showing the same error in verbose mode—or is it something else? Are the brightness controls working, by chance? If you've made any recent changes to your EFI folder kexts/Config.plist, might be worth sending along.

I will say that this is not how my machine usually handles things when I have to turn off inject intel—generally it still loads in 4K but only has a very small amount of memory and is zoomed out.

Motherboard
HP 827F
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
GeForce MX150+HD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Also, if you're on High Sierra rather than Mojave, you should look into going back to the pre-Mojave versions of VoodooI2C, as the scroll function only works with three fingers on the latest version, rather than two fingers on the older version—an issue that's due to the pen support. There hasn't been a release in a while, but I believe it's on the list.

Motherboard
Spectre x360 13-AE011DX-Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
iOS
Also, if you're on High Sierra rather than Mojave, you should look into going back to the pre-Mojave versions of VoodooI2C, as the scroll function only works with three fingers on the latest version, rather than two fingers on the older version—an issue that's due to the pen support. There hasn't been a release in a while, but I believe it's on the list.
Good to know, though I am on Mojave.