Contribute
Register

[Guide] High Sierra on HP Spectre x360 8th Gen Coffee Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, I got it working! But only touch, no pen action. Shouldn't they both work if one is working?

Also, if you're on High Sierra rather than Mojave, you should look into going back to the pre-Mojave versions of VoodooI2C, as the scroll function only works with three fingers on the latest version, rather than two fingers on the older version—an issue that's due to the pen support. There hasn't been a release in a while, but I believe it's on the list.

Also, if you're on High Sierra rather than Mojave, you should look into going back to the pre-Mojave versions of VoodooI2C, as the scroll function only works with three fingers on the latest version, rather than two fingers on the older version—an issue that's due to the pen support. There hasn't been a release in a while, but I believe it's on the list.
Good to know, though I am on Mojave.

Is it still showing the same error in verbose mode—or is it something else? Are the brightness controls working, by chance? If you've made any recent changes to your EFI folder kexts/Config.plist, might be worth sending along.

I will say that this is not how my machine usually handles things when I have to turn off inject intel—generally it still loads in 4K but only has a very small amount of memory and is zoomed out.

Well my Intel Wireless card went bad and wasn't responding and wouldn't turned on on Windows. I've sent it back to HP so when I have it back I will start over. If I remember correctly the resolution was in 4K when I started macOS from USB but not on the NVME SSD. I've probably mixed some things up in my EFI Folder. Question here, are the graphics handled by the Kext files or the DSDT SSDT files? I wonder. Thanks again for your amazing help Surely I will make a video when everything is working correctly.

Update on the sound: I stumbled upon an ALCPlugFix specifically for ALC 295, which appears to have made all four speakers start firing properly. (I've only had the bottom two firing for the longest time.) Headphones work, but internal mic doesn't. However, the better audio quality is noticeable. I've yet to run into scratchiness, but keeping an eye on it.

I'm currently using layout #1, which directly supports the Spectre-like HP Envy x360 in recent versions of AppleALC.

https://github.com/hieplpvip/ALC295PlugFix

Update on the headphones/mic situation: MacOS natively supports the USB-C dongle the new iPad Pro uses, which means there's a simple way to add line-in support using a USB-C port. I just bought and tested it after experimenting with my OnePlus 6t dongle and realizing there was a chance an Apple one might work.

I upgraded to 13.6.2 today and used your Clover setup, got everything to work except two things: Power Management and Audio. My CPU (8550u) is now hogging at around 2.8GHz constantly with ~80degC. I have made sure SSDT.aml is not in the EFI folder, and SMBIOS is set to MacbookPro13,2. Nothing changes after reboot. What can I do?

Note that due to an infinite boot loop during install ("No install resource" error in the OSX installer, I cloned the APFS macOS volume from a desktop (i7-8700k + Asus Z370-P) 13.6.2 setup directly, which might contain desktop Library/Extensions. Then I used your CLOVER setup to boot.

I have attached my CLOVER and Library/Extensions for further examination. Any help will be much appreciated

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 250
  • Extensions.zip
    5 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Hi everybody,
Does anyone tried to install macOS Mojave?
It should work better than HS!:)

For anyone still following this that was having issues with USB-C hotplug on the Thunderbolt port, this technique here solves the problem. (Assuming it also works for TB3 proper, but I don’t have any TB3 devices.)

Hi,
now hotplug is possible.
With usb-c accessories you can hotplug and unplug.
With eGPU it is possible to hotplug but no unplug.
To do this you need to add the attached pach to your plist and add the two ssdt in clover / acpi / patched.
Delete ssdt V1
let me know if it works for you.

Could I follow this guide for the i7 8750h?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back