Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Haswell System - MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 OC 0.7.5

Apple services work no issues.

Sleep: Goes to sleep, on wake up, it reboots.

Sound on FaceTime, receiving end says I sound like Barry White (sound is abnormally deep/low pitched). lol. Otherwise, Playing music sounds normal.

3.0 USB ports no longer work.

3.0 USB ports no longer work.
May require that you create a new USB ports kext for use with Monterey. Or possibly try the one Edhawk made for his Z97X system. Some mods to it may be required due to the case you are using.

May require that you create a new USB ports kext for use with Monterey. Or possibly try the one Edhawk made for his Z97X system. Some mods to it may be required due to the case you are using.
Well, after some experimenting, they actually do work. The USB ports just work, differently now. 3.0 ports only work with 3.0 compatible devices. For example, 3.0 USB stick will work in the 3.0 and 2.0 ports and a 2.0 device like a old keyboard, will only work in a 2.0 port and NOT also in a 3.0. Before this upgrade, I could use any USB port for anything and it would work. No biggie.

Next, I'm starting a thread in the audio section about the Deep Barry White voice using the Logitech C920 Webcam mic. Wife thinks its sexy....lol But can be difficult to understand at times. The Logitech is connected to a 2.0 USB port now. Before, it was connected to a 3.0 port and had no issues. Not sure if its related or coincidence. The webcam mic specs doesn't call for a 3.0 USB requirement. I don't FaceTime much on the desktop so this is low priority.

Also trying to fix the sleep/hibernation issue that has never and still does not work. Searching for threads on this issue still to look for guidance.

If you don't create a custom USBPorts.kext for your system you will never fix the sleep/hibernation issues. They are very much related.

The fact you can only use a USB2 device on a USB2 port, and a USB3 device on a USB3 port tells us something is very wrong with your 'current' setup as regards USB configuration.

You can use the majority of the SSDT's from my builds/guides, however the ones present in the Ventura build would probably be best as they are from a Z97X-UD5H-BK / i7-4770K / RX 580 system, which is pretty close to your setup.

The EFI attached to post #1 contains an SSDT-UIAC.aml that might be helpful when you are looking to configure your USB ports.

If you don't create a custom USBPorts.kext for your system you will never fix the sleep/hibernation issues. They are very much related.

The fact you can only use a USB2 device on a USB2 port, and a USB3 device on a USB3 port tells us something is very wrong with your 'current' setup as regards USB configuration.

You can use the majority of the SSDT's from my builds/guides, however the ones present in the Ventura build would probably be best as they are from a Z97X-UD5H-BK / i7-4770K / RX 580 system, which is pretty close to your setup.

The EFI attached to post #1 contains an SSDT-UIAC.aml that might be helpful when you are looking to configure your USB ports.
All VERY good info. Thank you. Was not aware at all about the USBs causing the sleep issues. Will work on that next. I saw a detailed guide pinned somewhere here.

Hi!Can I use your OpenCore config : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz, 16gb, Asus Z97 K

Hi!Can I use your OpenCore config
Certainly, give it a try. Add a system UUID to the config.plist before you try booting with the EFI folder.
It can be generated with OCAT or OC Configurator and then added. The other serials and a new SmUUID can be added post install so that they're made with your hardware that you've installed Monterey on.

Screen Shot.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it will work with your Asus Z97-K.

USB config will be different but everything else should be ok. Your Z97-K uses a Realtek 8111/8168 Ethernet controller so just make sure you have the correct kext in the Kexts folder

Back