Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Haswell System - MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 OC 0.7.5

No, not that simple. The newest version of Clover has many parts of OC included in it. You'd have to completely check all the quirks etc. to make the upgraded Clover EFI version work with your build. What version of Clover are you on now ?
Just updated to 5.23 a moment ago. Didn't make any EFI folder changes yet though. Unsure what version it was prior. Anyway to figure out what version the config file was made with? Was going to copy the current EFI folder onto a USB EFI partition to test 17,1. Any tips on the quirks?

Thanks for your help by the way.

Any tips on the quirks?
As I said, I've never used Clover past about 5119 so I can't help you with configuring Clover for your build. You'll have to do the research in regard to using it with a Haswell system. Edhawk may be able to help but he won't check in until tomorrow morning.

I'll try to play with Clover 5.23 17,1 on a USB for now. Otherwise, I'll install from scratch another night. Thanks again!!

Current Booted version is 5122 on Clover

Made one change to clover: Changed iMac15,1 to iMac17,1. Rebooted no issues.
Was now able to update from 11.6 to 11.7 Big Sur. Didn't have the option before. Rebooted without issue.
Updated Clover to 5149. Rebooted without issues.
Ran GenSMBIOS, serial not in system. Rebooted no issues.
Now able to update to Monteray... In progress

Last edited:
Monteray 12.6 update complete. No issues except my triple screens are not all working. Back to only 1 screen. Is Radeon RX 580 no longer fully supported in Monteray?

No issues except my triple screens are not all working.
When you updated Clover did you update the kexts such as Lilu and WEG ?

When you updated Clover did you update the kexts such as Lilu and WEG ?
No. Must have missed/overlooked that step. Got two screens to work on by Checking Clover-->Graphics--> RadeonInit. Have 3 screens. Left, Center, Right. The center screen gets the OS boot progress bar but goes black at OS login. Left and right screens are working at login. Interesting behavior.

I'll look in to Lily and WEG.

Lost sound as well. I remember always loosing sound on these big updates though.

I havn't played with Apple login (messages, FaceTime, etc...) yet. Have not reset NVRAM yet.

Updated Kexts from within Clover Configurator. Sound Fixed and All Screens work now. Ok...Back to pre update status but now on Monteray.
Next, Sleep/hibernation NEVER worked for me...But I also never dove into trying to fix it. Thoughts on sleep/hibernation fix? (off to search I go)

Back